PRE SEASON FIXTURES

For 1st, 2nds and 3rd XVs
teenwolf
PRE SEASON FIXTURES

Post by teenwolf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:00 pm

Hiya
It's prob a question for Davy - but if anyone else knows post away. When are the preseason fixtures organised for and against who?
Ta Much
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Wee Davie
Site Editor

Re: PRE SEASON FIXTURES

Post by Wee Davie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:16 pm

As per the players meeting Ted
Aug 6 Irvine home Hamilton over 35s
Aug 9 West away 715pm ko
Aug 13 Hamilton away 1s and 2s
Aug 20 Dunfermline away
The games are away as I am unsure where the cricket is on these dates.
Aug 27 first league game away at Kirkaldy that I am trying to get an early kick off so that everyone who wants can get back for the Austin.

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:35 pm

ta Davy - some tasty ones in there isn't there!
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Good tough run out yesterday. Marr were certainly up for it and gave the lads a tough time. Really good to see so many (27? I think) getting a chance to show their potential. A good start for Ross (Westy) Westwood... settled in and got a try to boot, and young Andy got a good opportunity too. With more than a couple of new faces in each starting line up it was clear we still have to get everyone used to each other, but there were some glimmers of that. Thought Eddy was very lenient on the Marr lineout throwing which didn't give a level playing field particularly when on their 5 meter line!!
Lets step up the gears for tuesday V West of Scotland. Lets get as many supporters over to Burnbrae as possible.

RobertWestwood

Post by RobertWestwood » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Obviously, Rod, you were too busy trying to keep up with play on the touchline as Ross scored both tries :mrgreen:

I was glad he came off when he did as I was worried he would score another and it would cost me a fortune buying you drunkards loads of beer :D

I reckon he slept all the way to Magalluf on the plane on Saturday night !

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Glad to give you the opportunity to correct me in the circumstances....well done to him..... did he enjoy the experience?

RobertWestwood

Post by RobertWestwood » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:59 am

he loved it but he wasn't half knackered afterwards. He hasn't played since getting injured in March.

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:03 am

Great effort last night by all concerned. You guys really stuck it to last seasons prem 1 team! They thought they were in for an easy ride!!!! Much more aggressive, far more game aware and greater reactions to ball possession. Dicked them in the scrum and line out seemed strong. Some very promising attacking from the backs...all round good game. As Calder said though we lost and that despite being 15 to 5 up I think at one stage. Winning attitude was clearly there just need to keep the oppo out for the whole 80. Again coaches ensured a very good spread of game time for the big squad so even more encouraging to see patterns being strongly maintained.
Well Done to all....you now what happens next V Hamilton!!!! Fullbifta!