Into Dead Time!!

For non-club related rugby things.

Should Blair have kicked the restart dead and settled for the draw?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:13 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes: 6

teenwolf
Into Dead Time!!

Post by teenwolf » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:13 am

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/rug ... -1.1006516

In the final moments of Saturdays game against Wales, should Scotland have settled for the draw?

Does it not show utter lunacy to consciously try to play with 13 men, when kicking the restart dead would have gotten us a draw??
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Hot Sauce

Post by Hot Sauce » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Who wants to draw a rugby match in a tournament were not gonna win anyway. Possibly after losing such a lead the guys just thought stuff it, take a risk n give it 1 last shot to win it. Not sayin it was the right decision but just another way of lookin at it.
Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost.

BigG

Post by BigG » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:18 pm

The claim that Scotland decided to go for the win looks to have been an afterthought to cover up the lack of any decision either way on the pitch. It just looked to me that Scotland, not without justification, were physically and mentally shattered.

If there was a decision to go for the win then it was a very bold move when two players down, but why not have a kick which would have caused Wales more problems or could have been retrieved? Was it just a poor kick by Blair, who in fairness is not a regular kicker? Another reason to accept the draw?

Those of you who watched the SuperBowl will have seen a similar call go right for New Orleans last week, but in that case even if they hadn't got the ball back there was a clear intention to retrieve the kick off.

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:49 pm

The article has Barclay saying it was a conscious decision. Might be a smokescreen, but it was a daft decision.

Rab, Wales were settling for the draw and couldn't believe their fortune when the Scots kicked the ball to them. Had it come off they'd be heroes, but they look like half-wits cos it never.
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:49 pm

BigG wrote:
Those of you who watched the SuperBowl will have seen a similar call go right for New Orleans last week, but in that case even if they hadn't got the ball back there was a clear intention to retrieve the kick off.
did New Orleans have 2 players in the sin bin? :lol:
Joseph Heller

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:32 pm

Alrighty Guys,

Yip must agree with teenwolf (possibly for the 1st time ever :?:) even i thought he should have punted it into row z then when commentator never mentioned anything i thought well maybe i've been out the loop must be a new rule change. Bit gutting for the majority of the guys giving all that and getting hee haw. I have read some of the reports i don't really buy into any of it think its been an error now lets move on to the next game and don't think anyone will be making that mistake again.

Been meanng to comment on this for ages maybe not the correct forum page however well done guys for having a great season all through the club 1st romping it well done especially the older guys in the club (you know who you are).
Was talking to RHC flanker after 1st game (he apparently melted Andy Hill when he went for a drop goal ??? his words not mine).
Well done for pumping them twice lol gave me some bragging over him
:lol:
Khalid where's ma dvd of the bowl final i gave you £10 at murrayfield i take it is in the process of going to HD :roll:
Working wi Morgan he's keeping me up to date wi most things so keep up the good work boys maybe get a perfect season :D
woah Dl
mon the car-l- tigers rar rar

Jambo #1 cyber fan :D :D :D

Gillon

Post by Gillon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:04 pm

whos this JAMBO character!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AndyHill

Post by AndyHill » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:05 pm

I who is this Jambo? And those are false accusations. After I missed the drop goal he ran up and shouted something ridiculous, didnt touch me though. Didnt seem the sharpest of characters. I would be the first to say I got banjoed.

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:08 pm

haha i remember thats all he said to you after it you missed it lol

morgan

Post by morgan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:12 am

The guy is a pretender Andy, I doubt his ability to melt you. He used to work where me and Jambo work. Talks a good game from what he tells Jambo lol.
[url=http://official.sportnetwork.net/main/s604.htm][img]http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/161200583937.jpg[/img][/url]

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:59 am

:D :D :D :D :D Good one Gillon :D :D :D :D

Sorry Andy if i got the wrong end of the stick but hey don't shoot the messenger :D :D

The guy who "shouted in your face" used to work wi us before he moved to auld reekie as Morgan says he probably talks a better game than he plays :D :D

Och well then boys thats my posting on this site done for another year :D :D :D :D

Keep up the good work

Jambo

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:13 am

Now this thread is completely off topic .

oh well - who gives a toss.

BTW Jambo = James Hall, Gillon, me and Grunter used to play in the same team as him as did Yogi.

Add him on facebook, Gillon & me are his buddies on there :wink: .
Joseph Heller

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Ta Edwardo for clearing up who i am

Anywhows going back to the thread / topic yip i think the general consensus is YES the ball should have gone dead at the restart

Aplogies for going off thread Edwardo

Gillon

Post by Gillon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:13 pm

ha ha jambo - you like that one eh!!!
nice one good to hear you are still keeping up to date with the going-ons and look forward to your long awaited comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Yip Gillon still read all he reports from midi to senior plus usually on this thing most lunchtimes to keep up wi the goings on.

Would love to get back playing / involved but just not got the time at the moment to commit to anything hopefully in the future though.

Seen a photo of you the other week (Whitcraigs??) been chased by a man in tights while you had ball in hand :oops: :oops: that was possibly not the 1st time this had happened to you :wink: :wink: :wink:

Apologies again Edwardo for going off thread / topic

p.s. gies a shout when / if the 2nds game against Melrose is rearranged planned on going to the original game obviously it was called off