Scotland team v Ireland

For non-club related rugby things.
niall
Site Admin
Scotland team v Ireland

Post by niall » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Chris Paterson (Edinburgh), Simon Danielli (Ulster) Max Evans (Glasgow), Graeme Morrison (Glasgow), Thom Evans (Glasgow), Phil Godman (Edinburgh), Mike Blair (Edinburgh, capt); Alasdair Dickinson (Gloucester), Ross Ford (Edinburgh), Euan Murray (Northampton); Locks from: Jim Hamilton (Edinburgh), Nathan Hines (Perpignan), Alastair Kellock (Glasgow )and Jason White (Sale); Alasdair Strokosch (Gloucester), John Barclay (Glasgow), Simon Taylor (Stade Francais).

Replacements: Dougie Hall (Glasgow), Moray Low (Glasgow), AN Other lock, Scott Gray (Northampton), Chris Cusiter (Perpignan), AN Other, Hugo Southwell (Edinburgh).

at least there are three locks in contention, though i can see Jason White being picked! I would prolly pick Hines and Kellock, with Hamilton on the bench.
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

barryts

Post by barryts » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Lamont would be a big gamble i think even on the bench, i would let him have another few weeks and unleash him against the pants Engerland outfit.
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:56 pm

from the tone of the interviews, i think that they were saying lamont was unlikely

southwell is injured and that's why Patterson's in - correct :shock:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:40 pm

So Hamilton is in the middle row with White and Hines is on the bench.

I guess they'll prob get Hines on the park after about 50 mins then to see if he can make an impact. That's fine and well, but if we were to actually go after the Irish scrum right from the first whistle we'd prob have a better chance of the win :roll:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller