Dalziel lose in bowl final

Discuss items posted from the main page
Dalziel PostBot
Site Admin
Dalziel lose in bowl final

Post by Dalziel PostBot » Sat May 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Dalziel lost this afternoon to Preston Lodge 10-18 at Murrayfield. Match report to follow.

Read More
PostBot - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Sat May 03, 2008 8:30 pm

Well Done boys
Thanks for a great day out
let's hope that now you tasted the big time you want to go back and better the result.

Hope you all had a great day and remember it for the the rest of your life
again well done boys

Here's to another great day out at murrayfield

Jambo

p.s. You done the club proud as well as yerselfs

fuz
Site Editor

Post by fuz » Sun May 04, 2008 1:35 pm

If this is the hangover I get when we lose a final, Thank god we didnt win!!

the grunter

loss

Post by the grunter » Tue May 06, 2008 12:31 am

my heart is broken

Gillon

Post by Gillon » Tue May 06, 2008 6:19 am

sure all you boys had a great day at murrayfield - unlucky on the result but its a great achievement to get there in the first place. hopefully we will be there many times more in the years to come. sure grunters heart will have healed by next year! cheers gillon

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue May 06, 2008 9:53 am

They played well - credit where credit is due.

No one should be hard on themselves, cos to a man we performed very well and had we gotten the break of the ball PL would have been a lot more nervous going into the final throws of the game.

The cup run goes to show what we're capable of as a team and a club.

Just need to keep working hard and build on this so we can make a big impression next season.
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Tue May 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Well done to everyone involved. It was a great effort. I would like to highlight the contribution of Andy Hill to this season. But for Andy's kicking in the league (especially in the first 6 games) and the cup run (Stewartry and Linlithgow away), I think the first team would have had a very difficult and different year. Big Andy has played a number of positions this year without moaning probably to his detriment. I for one would like him to know this hasn't gone unnoticed.
WELL DONE BIG MAN.

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Tue May 06, 2008 12:25 pm

MAFIE wrote:WELL DONE BIG MAN.
the same goes for Chubby, paton and Germlin. It was a shame that they didn't get a chance on the pitch.
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue May 06, 2008 12:33 pm

MAFIE wrote: WELL DONE BIG MAN.
Gotta 2nd that - as a team mate I felt that it would have sounded patronsing had I said it first up, but Mafie is bang on here.

The kick to bring us to 16-16 against Strathendrick was out of this world and set us well on the way to avoiding that banana skin.

Andy's play & attitude has been outstanding all year.
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Hot Sauce

Post by Hot Sauce » Tue May 06, 2008 12:41 pm

dont think there's anyone who could argue that the contribution of all the players mentioned has been vital for the teams success throughout the season.
Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost.

barryts

Post by barryts » Tue May 06, 2008 1:00 pm

Got to agree with everything said guys.

Remeber we are not just a team of players, we are a club with many teams full of players who all want the best results and want to be a part of the development of Dalziel Rugby Club.

We have to stand up now and set out goals for next year and even further into the future.
Do we want to be happy sitting mid table and dream of a chance of playing in a final every year at Murrayfield, or do we want to do what so many clubs we have played against have done? They have a different drive to succeed and win leagues. We have to find this from somewhere and this all starts with the whole clubs attititude and commitment, which to me is starting to head in the right direction.

Lets take this forward guys and build on the success we have had at the end of this year and go out next year and win the National Division 1 title.

Nobody else can do it for us!
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

Big Joycie

Post by Big Joycie » Tue May 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Well Done Guys

Very proud moment watching a Dalziel team walk out the tunnel at Murrayfield. The result on the day was fair, the P.L. forwards played very well, especially in contact. Hit of the day was Heed, knocking their number 6 into next week. Great day out, well done taking the club there. Also well done to the coaching team and the committee.

Barry has hit the nail on the head, look up the leagues at the teams that struggled to beat us in the league but got promoted. Time we moved to the league position the club should be (Premier 2 or 3). I'm old enough to remember the old Div 2 days, the feeling in the club was brilliant. We can do it again. Loads of talent coming up the club in the mini and midi sections, to support the already wealth of talent in the senior ranks. Hard work and determination next season and who knows.

Thanks Again
TACKLE - RUN - TACKLE - RUN.
RINSE AND REPEAT

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue May 06, 2008 2:11 pm

We've 4 or 5 excellent players coming up as well as "BIG" paul coming back into the fold. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to win the league we're in.

It needs the level of commitment to that goal from everyone involved in the senior club. That is right from the boys who are in the 3xv right down to the guys in the 1s. We need to become a very difficult team to beat, while honing the attacking skills that we have.
Joseph Heller

AndyHill

Post by AndyHill » Tue May 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Cheers Mafie and the rest of u's means a lot. And Grunter my heart is broken 10 folds of wot ur's is so a wouldnt worry about it. Cheers to all the lads who gave me a hand after the game like Dirty Mark, Sumo, Innes, Burnsy, Fitzy and many more. Taking time to look after me wis gd of you lot.

Andy

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue May 06, 2008 2:36 pm

AndyHill wrote:Cheers Mafie and the rest of u's means a lot. And Grunter my heart is broken 10 folds of wot ur's is so a wouldnt worry about it. Cheers to all the lads who gave me a hand after the game like Dirty Mark, Sumo, Innes, Burnsy, Fitzy and many more. Taking time to look after me wis gd of you lot.

Andy
Good to see you back on here mate - a little less jovial than usual, but that's to be expected. You gonna come win some silverware with the 7s squad? :wink:
Joseph Heller