pub golf 12th not the 28th

Events and such like
spike

Post by spike » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Since when did we wish to "represent a social image"? We are a rugby club and we have a reputation to build as such :lol: :twisted:

the grunter

Post by the grunter » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:21 am

i will be smashed and making a c##t of ma sell

which i have told lynn is my job a social convener :)
"Take all your fears shove them into the pit off your stomach and spit it back out as pure aggression"

sumo227

Post by sumo227 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:46 am

the social image of me is a drunk..... ie Johnny Vegas eh maf.
so i think it is my duty to uphold this fine tradition and get totally blootered oot ma nut and just faw doon aw owr the shoap......oh an bye the way Khalid up till last year you would be one of the front runners to be smashed.........social image bolt ya f***y....sorry for bad language Eddy but was called for
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" (Mark Twain)

barryts

Post by barryts » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:54 am

sumo227 wrote:the social image of me is a drunk..... ie Johnny Vegas eh maf.
so i think it is my duty to uphold this fine tradition and get totally blootered oot ma nut and just faw doon aw owr the shoap......oh an bye the way Khalid up till last year you would be one of the front runners to be smashed.........social image bolt ya f***y....sorry for bad language Eddy but was called for
This is getting interesting!! Khalid - You got anything to add????
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:07 pm

that's a hell of a flaming K got there - I took his post about not getting wrecked as tongue in cheek :o
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

khalidf
Site Editor

Post by khalidf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:03 pm

I would point out that myself and Ian Adams are defending champions of pub golf and any comments from Sumo are just pure jelously....so to Sumo, nah nah nahnah!!

Also it would be good to avioid the carnage of the first year as the course was perhaps too tough and very few participants can remember much....in fact I had to look at the photo's to find out who won!!

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:21 pm

for the record my wife fancies johnny vegas as sumo will testify.

AndyMcL

Post by AndyMcL » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:32 pm

I'm sure me and grunter would have won last year if we hadn't incurred three penalty pints at witherspoons and as a result been too steaming to remember that Jack Daniels was the final hole. We went in and had some leisurely celebratory pints which kind of burnt our score card.

Dake

Post by Dake » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:36 pm

how about the same format as the first year an we dodge the leccy... bit of a trek out the way and dodge the tavren.. well just because! make up for these two holes with a shot in 2 designated pubs? or have jds as the 1st and last hole?

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:45 pm

The Tavern does have pints of becks though - and that goes done very nicely.

Unfortunately I'm ill and will not be able to participate :(
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:17 pm

Dake wrote:how about the same format as the first year an we dodge the leccy... bit of a trek out the way and dodge the tavren.. well just because! make up for these two holes with a shot in 2 designated pubs? or have jds as the 1st and last hole?
no need, there are more than nine pubs in the centre of town anyway.

Electric
Jacks
Windmill Tavern
New Century
Brandon Bar
Mega (haha)
Starka
Dalziel Arms
The horseshoe
Railway Tavern
Spoons

and if we're feeling adventurous:
War Office
Woodcutter
Burns Tavern

Those last two are quite close to Spoons, so not too far out the way!
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

king fitz

Post by king fitz » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:25 pm

the war office is a good shout, if ah dont spontanously compust, or get stabbed to death which wud suit sumo coz he owes me a tenner :twisted: get it up ye :twisted:

Gillon

Post by Gillon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:01 pm

maybe give the war office a miss. last time i was in, not that im a regular, a flute band came in and started playing numerous songs. think we shuld send fitzy up first to see if the music is too his taste.

Dake

Post by Dake » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:22 pm

exactly my point niall.. miss the electric seen as its not quite the centre of town and and the railway and wev got our nine pubs.. dont quite get the point you were making other than nameing all the pubs in the town! a think we need the oldest broon and his pals over for some private protection if we had all to venture round them all

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:33 pm

I thought you were meaning miss out those two and then have extra in 2 random pubs, thereby getting the 9 drinks in! I was just commenting that we can still do nine pubs even if we miss out the two you say (and I would agree about missing the electric!)
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]