pub golf 12th not the 28th

Events and such like
khalidf
Site Editor

Post by khalidf » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:06 pm

The Electric does serve as a difficult hole for the fact that it is a bit remote but also beacuse it is a water hazzard (so you are not allowed to use the toilets).

The holes are:

Electric Bar (W)
Windmill Tavern
New Century
Starka (W)
Dalziel Arms
Motherwell Point
Weatherspoons (w)
Railway Tavern
Jack Daniels

LAWS & BYLAWS

Each pub is a hole, and as such it has a par and a specified drink, and may have a water hazard. Your score is the number of mouthfuls for the drink. The par and the drink are specified on the scorecard for each hole.

The teams will compete in a hands tied fashion where both team members will be tied together and without exception expected to be so until the tournament ends

This years tournament will be a foursome whereby golfers on the same team take alternate shots on each hole, with the same ball (drink). One team-member tees off on odd-numbered holes, and the other tees off on even-numbered holes.

The winning team will be deemed by having the Lowest Score and a fully completed scorecard. In the event of a draw, there will be a sudden death playoff.
RULES
1) When playing from the professional tees you must drink pints only.

2) A mouthful (shot) is defined as taking the glass to the mouth and drinking. When the glass leaves your mouth, or you stop drinking, your shot has finished.

3) If you wish to play the hole using a different drink (drink substitution), this is acceptable but incurs a penalty. The substitution must be of the same drink type (i.e. a pint for a pint, or a short for a short). Variations from this are at the referees discretion.

4) The penalty for drink substitution is a double measure of a short.

5) Drink substitution may be played on a maximum of three holes.

6) The number of shots taken for the penalty drink must be added to the score for the hole.

7) If a hole has a water hazard, you are not allowed to go to the toilet there. Penalty for violation is playing the hole again (from the professional tees)

8) When playing the penalty, the total shots for playing the hole twice must be used as the score for the hole.

9) You may elect to play a joker on one particular hole and declare it to your playing partner before taking you shot. You score relative to par is doubled. (i.e. if you score 2 under par, this is doubled to 4 under, if you score one over par, this is doubled to 2 over) The resulting score should be entered on your score sheet.

10) You may not play the joker on a hole where you have violated a water hazard.

11) Your score for a hole is the number of shots taken to complete the hole, this must be recorded on your score card. You must also record which tees you are playing from, drink substitutions, jokers and any other penalties.

12) In the event of a tie at the end of the competition the competitor with the least number of drink substitutions and other penalties will be declared the winner. If there is still a tie then a play-off occurs, where the last hole is played repeatedly until one player wins by two shots.

13) Any disputes shall be settle by a committee comprising the organisers and the referee. In the absence of sober organisers then the referee's word is law.

14) Any drinks played outside of those required for the competition will not influence the score in any direct way.

15) Throwing up is not permitted. Violating this rule will result in being a prime candidate for the fungus the bogeyman trophy. Throwing up in clubhouse is also not permitted.

16) These rules are subject to change without notice.

AndyMcL

Post by AndyMcL » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:09 pm

If anyone is looking for some snazzy golf clobber for saturday then ALDI is selling cheap golf gloves and tank tops just now. The one in Carluke is anyway. Some of the more rural ones might not.

king fitz

Post by king fitz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:00 pm

im gutted, no war office! gillon promised to serenade me wiv his flute playing :(

spike

Post by spike » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:59 am

Can anyone tell me what happened? BTW Does anyone know where I left my jacket?

king fitz

Post by king fitz » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:12 pm

u didnt leave it in spoons :D

spike

Post by spike » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:33 pm

Got it, it was in JDs. Nae wonder I was freezin. I will be suing the organisers of the event as I was not looked after properly as befits a person of my age and condition. :shock: