MOVEMBER!!!!

Events and such like
Gillon
MOVEMBER!!!!

Post by Gillon » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:21 pm

Alright boys,

As alot of you know it has been mentioned about taking part in the Mostache growing frenzie of MOVEMBER!

Movember is about having fun, growing a moustache and raising much needed funds and awareness for men’s health – specifically prostate cancer. What many people don’t appreciate is that one man dies every hour of prostate cancer in the UK, more than 35,000 men will be diagnosed this year and that prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK.

The more that join us, the more we can “change the face of men’s health” through raising awareness and the money that will be raised. Let’s do this – register and grow a moustache as a Mo Bro, or sign on as a Mo Sista.

To join this Movember team go to http://uk.movember.com/register/9827 and follow the steps. Once registered you’ll be sent all the information you need to get growing.

Let’s “Change the Face of Mens Health.”

Gillon

the more that get involved the merrier and someone can try and persuade the coach to shave his off!

AndyMcL

Post by AndyMcL » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:14 pm

I have a moustache as part of a beard. Would that count or does it have to be a stand alone moustache?

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:25 pm

got to be a stand alone moustache mate. I am debating whether to join. It would need to be a full team effort.

AndyMcL

Post by AndyMcL » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:24 pm

Fair enough. I was thinking about getting rid of it anyway. This way would let me get rid of half of it and then decide what to do. Also Nicola would hate it but couldn't say anything cause it would be for charity.

McKillop

Post by McKillop » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:17 pm

I'm going to draft up some old school stylee sponsorship forms to make it easy for everyone to get sponsors from family, folks at work etc..

Should have them done within the week...

There's also talk of a "Tache on the Lash" night at the end?

D

Gillon

Post by Gillon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:31 pm

good job mckilldog
look forward to seeing the forms. if you want to send them to me then i can get a whack printed off.
and its mostache on the lash - sounds better
CoV

Gillon

Post by Gillon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:17 pm

just a reminder to anyone interested in growing a mo for charity!
few boys and coaches for the club have already signed up to the movember website - see top of the thread for the link.
starts november the first with a clean shaven face - should be fun
gillon