Fund Raising

Events and such like
TheKLN
Fund Raising

Post by TheKLN » Sun May 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Alrighty folks, just a wee idea to put to everyone:

I suggest having a sponsored climb of Ben Nevis to raise funds for this years push for promotion throughout the club!

Would probably take about 7hours, open to all, great for team moral and for the club!!!

What say ye?
"Sexy times!!!"

Dake

Post by Dake » Sun May 17, 2009 10:47 pm

think thats a good idea...id b up for that!!

slowie

Post by slowie » Mon May 18, 2009 6:06 pm

The chair lift doesn't take 7 hours !

TheKLN

Post by TheKLN » Mon May 18, 2009 6:35 pm

The way you were getting about the park on Sat i'd say you'd be one of the 1st up!!
"Sexy times!!!"

spike

Post by spike » Tue May 19, 2009 11:47 am

:D Any fund raising is very welcome guys and the earlier we can put miney in the kitty, the better, as we have some fairly hefty expenses that need to be paid at the start of each season, insurance, memorial trust, etc...

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Tue May 19, 2009 1:41 pm

Wouldn't this sort of thing be ideal for pre-season training itself? do the walk, but with random sprint/circuit stuff every wee bit. good endurance training!
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

barryts

Post by barryts » Tue May 19, 2009 2:38 pm

niall wrote:Wouldn't this sort of thing be ideal for pre-season training itself? do the walk, but with random sprint/circuit stuff every wee bit. good endurance training!
Would be superb for your fitness anyway mate after the exhibition you gave with the 3rds at Cambus.
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Tue May 19, 2009 4:13 pm

To be fair it was a very heavy park that day.

bigmancammy
Site Editor

fund raising

Post by bigmancammy » Tue May 19, 2009 5:43 pm

That would be a good idea. Would be fun. Well when it is done and we are in bar !!!!!! Got another option tho a club "Lee Charnley " hair cut esp after the way you were all laughing at my new doo on sat. I can get my own back , anyone up for it. Anyhow I have got a stock order with "Fyffes" for the kangaroo court and will enlist Vic and Les to help. Pay back is a bitch.

Any fund raising ideas welcome the club needs as much as we can do no matter how small a tenner here and there helps so get out there and bring in the dosh.
Big-Man Cammy; Be Warned! ;)

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Tue May 19, 2009 7:32 pm

barryts wrote:
Would be superb for your fitness anyway mate after the exhibition you gave with the 3rds at Cambus.

wheesht! :P

i'll work on that over the summer!
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:19 pm

we did a sponsored van push when I was in Glenrothes - it was actually ok. pushed it around a running track one morning for a few hours in wee teams, each taking a turn.

that said i don't think we could do that at Dalziel Park, doubt we'd be allowed the van on the track. Something like that could be an idea though.

Google came up with this - it has loadsa ideas

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/web/site/Fu ... aising.asp
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:24 pm

what about the Deux Du Stade esque Calendar - did anyone still think that could be an idea.

200 Calendars sold for a fiver each gets you £1,000 - minus costs.

If you had 12 "models" they'd only have to shift 15 or 16 each to make that target and that's without the other nutters at the club selling them.

You could put all the social events + fixture lists on there too so it would double up as a promotional resource.
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

TheKLN

Post by TheKLN » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:41 am

Still defo fancy a sponsored climb of Ben Nevis!
"Sexy times!!!"

slowie

Post by slowie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:48 pm

All good ideas but lets get something solid.

Take on a couple of ideas and stick to them. Nominate someone to be team leader / organiser. Guys at the club are good at participating if things are organised for them.

Are you throwing your hat in the ring JP for the climb? Sure Grunter being new social convenor would help out.

Mecel
Site Editor

Post by Mecel » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:56 pm

How about a gig? Get a few bands together, all ticket sales go towards the club? Can host it at daniels or summit like that?
The Glass Man...