Jonny Wilkinson in Toulon

For non-club related rugby things.
teenwolf
Jonny Wilkinson in Toulon

Post by teenwolf » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:05 pm

I know it might be a wee bit later in his career than it should have been, but Wilkinson has made a big move (£645k+ per year) to a "big" club.

Will he make a success of it down on the mediteranean or is he destined to be haunted by another string of injuries and dissapointment?

Toulon survived in the Top 14 last year. They were not in the chase at the end of the year for the play-offs and Top 14 Championship. They do not have a place in the Heineken Cup.

So the only way to measure their success in the forthcoming season is in terms of their Top 14 results. They'd be doing very well to make the play offs (top 4), but a top 6 finish is more realistically and would see them qualify for the Heineken Cup. That would be a successful season and must be what they are aiming for.
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Micky

JONNY WILKINSON IN TOUON

Post by Micky » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:13 pm

THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST ELOQUENT POSTINGS EVER PUT ON THE FORUM. I HAD TO CHECK 3 TIMES THE NAME OF THE WRITER......................... TEENWOLF? HARD TO BELIEVE THESE WORDS CAME FROM THE PEN OF A ROCK STAR.

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:15 am

thanks buddy. do you have a view on wilko or is it too early to tell?
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:21 am

are they not in the Challenge cup?
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Micky

Jonny Wilkinson

Post by Micky » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:16 pm

My view on JW is that he is one of the best, if not the best No.10 i have seen since John Lando. It is just a pity JW is English and not Scottish. If he manages to avoid injury he will be an asset to the French Club and hopefully some of his skills will rub off on Lamont.

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:55 pm

Yeh, i think you're right, but he needs to stay fit.

Lamont could do very well in France, the ball playing and counter attacking style will suit him. That said, I don't know if he'll be a first pick in their backs, they have some real talent on their books.
Joseph Heller

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:23 am

Wilko did pretty well for Toulon on Friday night, looked like he'd sealed a great opening win for them. But, Stade came back and slotted a late DG to get the 22-22 draw.

MAde a couple of crunching tackles and had a decent night with the boot. That said, had he converted a couple of wayward penalties it could have been a winning start.

The game was on ESPN, and they are on again on Saturday @ 3:30pm.
Joseph Heller

Wee Davie
Site Editor

Post by Wee Davie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:08 pm

Yeah gaypants did well pitu we will all be playing when the next game is on this week

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:31 am

Wee Davie wrote:Yeah gaypants did well pitu we will all be playing when the next game is on this week
I won't :cry:
Joseph Heller

barryts

Post by barryts » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 pm

I hope 'myprotein.co.uk' are giving you a good rate for advertising them cause they have almost 500 posts on here with their website link!
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:51 pm

barryts wrote:I hope 'myprotein.co.uk' are giving you a good rate for advertising them cause they have almost 500 posts on here with their website link!
They're not paying me, well I do get 5p (of vouchers) per £1 anyone who uses my wee referers code spends.

Did you know that London Irish and Dan Hipkiss are both http://www.myprotein.co.uk endorsers. ;)
Joseph Heller