Substitutes

16 Dougie Hall (Glasgow Warriors)
17 Alasdair Dickinson (Gloucester)
18 Kelly Brown (Glasgow Warriors)
19 Scott Gray (Northampton Saints)
20 Chris Cusiter (Perpignan)
21 Chris Paterson (Edinburgh)
22 Max Evans (Glasgow Warriors)

Is anyone else amaized that Tom Evans isn't playing????
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Yes, but equally devasted that Parks isn't even on the bench (not!!).
What about Strokosh and De Luca?
Jim Hamilton instead of Ally Kellock...what do you think of that?

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:55 pm

would have had strokosh ahead of barclay, and an evans ahead of webster.
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:00 pm

hmmm, Jason White has had an hours rugby in the last month or so and is picked ahead of guys who are playing week in week out for their clubs, Kellock should have been called up or Simon Taylor shifted forward and Brown in the back row. Let's just hope Hines makes a shift recovery. I think Hamilton is a bit limited, doesn't have the dynamism of Hines or Macleod, but we need at least 1 proper lock in there.

Dunno about Taylor at No. 8 - he broke the line against Canada and couldn't finish from 20 yards out, looked very sluggish. Has that improved much??

Thom Evans has impressed for Glasgow and in the Autumn, it seems a bit shit that he's left out the match-day squad altogether. Might not have started him, but be good off the bench (his bro covers wing and centre so that'll be why he's in there in front of him).
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:49 pm

well that was an utter farce
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:18 pm

heres a good idea........... why don't we play all of our best players in the same starting team like ireland and wales? max and thom evans, paterson at 10 and strokosh. instead of stopping the opposition scoring why don't we try to score. we have a school teacher in charge of our team. must try harder. far too defensive.

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:17 am

we all seen wot we were lyk wen we had sum1 wif a bit of creativity on in max evans...he scored.....no wonder we dont score many tries cis moving the ball side to side with the occasional back row hit in the middle aint gonna break thru any international team part fae canada obv in recent showing lol

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:49 am

yup what you see from the 3 successes of the weekend: Wales, Ireland and France (even in defeat!), is that tries make a team competitive and/or succesful at the top level. So lets play guys who are scoring tries, the evans brothers should've both played. There's no point in leaving these boys out when the "experienced" guys in front of them have experienced nothing but dismal dissapointment in the Scotland jersey.

I thought that Godman did ok and I wouldn't say that Paterson should start at stand off, but Paterson def looked a lot hungrier coming off the bench than he has in a long time for Scotland.

The gamble with White didn't work. we got bullied in the scrum because we were too lightweight. AW Jones had a stone and a half on White and that made a big difference. Scotland had chances despite our dismal start, but the turning point in the game was when we were held up and then, with the put in, driven off of our own ball.
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:46 am

aye we lost 2 important scrums....1 gave them a try n the other cost us from scoring 1 probably.....we looked better in the autumn n then hadden went back to his old plans that have never worked...i dont know but i possibly think we need some1 with fresh ideas....we have the players to do well jst not the coach who wants to play them in there proper position.....why play hogg at 6 when you have strokosch n brown who have played there all season!!!

spike

Post by spike » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:52 am

Hadden has to go. We need someone with ambition and someone who doesnt think that Edinburgh are the best team in the Magners League.

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:12 pm

teenwolf wrote: I thought that Godman did ok and I wouldn't say that Paterson should start at stand off, but Paterson def looked a lot hungrier coming off the bench than he has in a long time for Scotland.
yeh, i'd agree with that. I'll start a thread and we can put our preferred teams for saturday there!
admin - dalzielrugby.com

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:19 pm

spike wrote:Hadden has to go. We need someone with ambition and someone who doesnt think that Edinburgh are the best team in the Magners League.
yeh, i agree. i just get fed up with the way he's so appologetic after every match. sack him at the end of the 6Ns and get someone like Gatland in charge.

OK the welsh have a few great players, but they're not 4 times better than scotland. forget the goal kicks, had jones done his job we'd have gotten properly murdered yesterday. The try count of 4-1 tells a much truer story than the 13 point deficit.
Joseph Heller

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:22 pm

nah git the old springbok coach in...dnt hink he is at a team!

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:54 pm

the bother is the SRU say they don't have the cash to pay for a top coach. they made a total arse of it when they got matt williams in and had to pay him off.

Jake White would be a great guy to get or Eddie Jones. There's loads of good guys out there if you pay the going rate - but fat chance of that happening. :?
Joseph Heller

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:12 pm

well if you git a good coach who gits us playin good then the crowds will come to every game n not just the ones to see the good away team lol