Scotland team to face SA

For non-club related rugby things.
RodHar
Site Editor
Scotland team to face SA

Post by RodHar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:10 pm

Can you believe Haddens rationale for selecting Scott Gray (which may be wholly appropriate!) and then selecting Big Jace ahead of Strokosh!!

Jim Hamilton!!!??? Why??

I'd put Simon Taylor in second row instead of JH and then select Stroker in the back row.

What's your views?

barryts

Post by barryts » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:51 pm

Since your a senior Rod, im going to let you off that we are Playing NZ mate, not SA. I agree with the Stockosh part, can't se why we don't go mobile and take the game to them. Shame that Rory lamont isnt there on bench at least.
Last edited by barryts on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

sumo227

Post by sumo227 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 pm

twit with an 'a' rod lol

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:46 pm

well supposedly durin their time in spain trainin white has been smashin every1 and everything as he is hungry for a game!!! i think most of the team is pickd upon the trainin and not recent club games!!! where is rory lamonth tho??surely he is a more versatile bench warmer than southwell who never does anything anyway!!!

BigG

Post by BigG » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:35 am

I was also mystified by the omission of Rory Lamont but apparently he is injured.

Best of luck to all 3 teams on Saturday.

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:23 am

oops.... Auld age and JD's 'Best' responsible for senior moment....but you all knew where I was coming from.

Sumo ...didn't realise there was an internet connection in JD's but clearly useful for posting replies to auld harts (with an 'F').
Cheers

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:59 pm

For reference here's the team:

15. Paterson (Edinburgh)
14. Evans (Glasgow Warriors)
13. Cairns (Edinburgh)
12. De Luca (Edinburgh)
11. S Lamont (Northampton)
10. Godman (Edinburgh)
9. Blair (Edinburgh, capt)

1. Jacobsen (Edinburgh)
2. Ford (Edinburgh)
3. E Murray (Northampton)
4. Hines (Perpignan)
5. Hamilton (Edinburgh)
6. White (Sale)
7. Barclay (Glasgow Warriors)
8. Taylor (Stade Francais)

I think it is a conservative selection and Hadden is still not the best man to be in charge of the Scots.

I think Taylor is playing well at Stade he's been playing all over the place I've seen 3 games recently and he's been at 5, 6 and 8. He's showing a renewed versatility. That said I think they should play an out and out lock in the boiler house to smash the NZ scrum. we need to disrupt them at source and give Bliar a lot of opportunity to make their 9s evening one to forget.

There's gonna be tries in the game, we need to score some and with this backline you have 2 excellent wings. But the centres need to pose a threat to make some room.

Need to wait and see, I'm very excited :D
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller