European Winners this season

For non-club related rugby things.

Who Will do better Glasgow or Edinburgh?

Glasgow
57%
Edinburgh
43%
Both will do Pants
No votes

Total votes: 7

barryts
European Winners this season

Post by barryts » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:52 am

Right Guys,

Whats your view on who will win the big trophies this year?

Guiness Premiership?

Magners League?

Heiniken Cup?

French League?

6 Nations?
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:57 pm

My heart say's that Glasgow will do better - but on the preseason results my heed says Edinburgh,

France for the 6Ns - Perpignan to win the Heineken and Munster to win the Magners league.

I think Munster will win the Magners due to their never say die approach and their recent record in knockout rugby. If they're in the top 2 at the play offs they're odds on to win it. I think Edinburgh will make the play offs - but with an away draw will bow out at that stage.

Perpignan have got Carter and already have a very strong team. They're dark horses, but I think they may just pull it off.

The French brought players on last year and will be a growing strength. Wales did very well last year, but the 6Ns right after the world cup is about rebuilding and they've not done enough to blood new guys. But in all honesty I'll take anyone as long as it's not England! :wink:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

barryts

Post by barryts » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:06 pm

And Premiership Ted?
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:14 pm

teenwolf wrote:If they're in the top 2 at the play offs they're odds on to win it. I think Edinburgh will make the play offs - but with an away draw will bow out at that stage.

FYI, the playoffs are being introduced for the 2009/10 season. The current (2008/09) season will just be the league.

Can't comment on the rest at the moment (i'm supposed to be working...) but i would like to see a top 3 finish in the Magners League from either Glasgow or Edinburgh (more likely Edinburgh i feel) and a top 5 finish from the other.

Also hope one of them makes it out their group in the H-cup.
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:46 pm

ah right - never realised - so aye I think edinburgh will be top 4 then.

As for the premiership I think that it'll be Leicester - Corry's last year and all that - plus they have a good side. Wasps will miss Dayglo!
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Wee Davie
Site Editor

Post by Wee Davie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:01 pm

You boys have too much time on your hands. Lets concentrate on National league 1 and west league 4 and see if we can't win here then maybe we can look at elsewhere

Stevie
Site Editor

League winners

Post by Stevie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:38 pm

Dalziel 1st XV,Dalziel 2nd XV for both leagues our biggest threat is ????probably us. :?
[img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc115/Jam_HitMan/steviesig.gif[/img]

They who lack talent expect things to happen without effort.At the core of every true talent there is an awareness of the difficulties inherent in any achievement.

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:23 am

Wee Davie wrote:You boys have too much time on your hands. Lets concentrate on National league 1 and west league 4 and see if we can't win here then maybe we can look at elsewhere
It's a rugby forum if we want to chat about what's likely to happen in all the major competitions is that not fair game. It is pretty topical with the Kick Off of the major competitions coming up over the weekend!

Of course we want to win our own league, that's a given. But what do you think we should post? "With the inclusion of Simmonds in the Dalziel squad they seem a strong prospect for league success this season" :lol: 8)
Joseph Heller