No - But I intend to
25%
Nope - I'm happy with where I am
No votes

Total votes: 4

teenwolf
Off Season Training

Post by teenwolf » Tue May 06, 2008 2:31 pm

If you are a guy who wants to improve your fitness then this is the time of year to do it. You can do a lot in the pre-season too, but with 12 weeks or so to really make an impact on your strength, power, or whatever else you want to work on before then, you should be getting into some serious stuff just now.

There are a lot of young guys coming through (and it's not too late for the older dudes either) and a big off season and pre-season will make an enormous difference to how Dalziel does and how you personally do next season.

We need to set personal goals as well as team goals if we want to win our league next season and get into Premier 3.

If you want to improve get a hold of the guys at the club who've been involved in national/district academies and have done well from their training like - Victor Czarnocki, Gary Strain, Fuz Duguid, Simmo, Graham Calder, Barry Turnbull, Willie Wylie and find out what they've done / are doing. Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.

For me - I'm aiming (as a minimum) to get below 20% body fat before the end of the summer and improve my power, speed and flexibility. I've got a good idea on how I'll achieve or exceed these goals.

I've put my goals up here in the public domain because this very action means that there's a higher likelihood of me achieving them. Have a good think about your own goals and post them. Then we can all push each other forward towards achieving them.
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:28 pm

bump - i liked this thread, cmon post in it ya buncha lazy sods ;)
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

AndyMcL

Post by AndyMcL » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:09 pm

A lot of the guys have been playing rugby league with the Carluke Tigers for the last month or so. Even if you can't or don't want to play there is training twice a week. Tuesday and thursday at 7pm, Moor Park Carluke or contact Morgan. The rules are still largely a mistery to me but it's good for fitness.

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:21 am

Aye, league looks way too similar to shuttle runs for my liking :lol:

But, you guys will definitely have stolen a hop on everyone else when you get into pre-season!
Joseph Heller

Lovey

Post by Lovey » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:29 pm

Anyone tried this stuff www.crossfit.com

I agree with alot of what they're saying and it seems like it would have more crossover to rugby than most other workouts. I'm thinking about trying to implement it into my training but I'm unsure about over training.
[img]http://content.altnation.com/gallery/files/2/4/5/6/sigdnft.JPG[/img]
[url]http://www.dinkyninjas.co.uk[/url]

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:24 am

overtraining is a difficult one - but most folk say just listen to your body and if you feel crap it's a good indicator that your overtraining.
Joseph Heller