No votes
lose by less than 7
13%
lose by more than 7
38%

Total votes: 8

Roddy

Post by Roddy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:45 am

Jason White hit now on Rugbydump - I prefer the BBC Scotland audio where David Sole says he is going to have it as his screensaver!

http://rugbydump.blogspot.com/2008/03/j ... ackey.html

edit by niall - just putting a direct link
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" - Michael Jordan

AndyHill

Post by AndyHill » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:45 am

Was just watching the interview with Johnny Wilkinson on BBC there talking about the Scotland game. You've got 2 feel sorry for him as he explains 2 b a successful 10 you need people around you giving options at all times and he isnt getting that with England at the moment. He is being forced to kick, pass or run rather than selecting the best avaiable option.

He did have a poor kicking game out of hand against Scotland but no-one provided him with options. In England's hey day (2003) he had runners all over the field in terms of big forwards like Dallaglio and co and also had back like Greenwood, Cohen, Lewsey and J-Rob who would all come looking for work. Now you have people like Vainakolo, Toby Flood (who i think is a cracking player btw) who do not have that mentality of looking for work instead they tend to wait for the ball 2 come to them. There are def no forwards outside of Shaw and Sheridan who are looking to take the ball on.

Think its a shame for Johnny cause theres no nicer guy than him and he's taking all the flack cause there is a new kid on the block. His supporting cast are absolute shite but no doubt cause Englands backs are up against the wall they will come out and beat Ireland. As a result everyone will b saying I told you so about Cipriani when players will just buckle down 2 an immense level like Scotland seem to do against the Auld Enemy and no-one else.

Hope England get pumped. C'mon Rodge and the boy's.

barryts

Post by barryts » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:28 am

Totally agree mate and me and Azzy were saying the exact same thing the other day, Vinakolo is way out of his depth. ho Simpson Daniel isn't playing is beyond me!
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!