Lose by 7 or less
11%
Lose by more than 7
67%

Total votes: 9

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:58 pm

lost 27-10, strainer scored just before half time. All in all, a poor performance. bad positioning, bad decision making.
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:46 am

you have guys like fergus thomson at 2
kellock at 2nd row
10 is a problem
12 dewey is a line breaker but his defense isnt tht good
thom evans is a finisher paterson on the other wing for his kicking and lamont at 15 after he recovers and walker can be a good ball carrier as a winger aswell!
so we dnt have a lack of gd players

morgan

Post by morgan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:26 pm

mate, im talking about scotland JUST NOW.

I will give you that last season Dewey shown promise as a line breaker, but all this season at ulster he has been about as much use as a cock flavoured lolly pop. If you watch the Magners League and read the media you would know this. So unless his form improves he's not in contention.

If u read my previous posts on the topic i agree Fergus Thompson looks good at 2 for the future, but he aint got the experience yet, and has not been tested at this level. As i said previously he needs game time to see if he's up to it. Untill then hooker is weak, as we still have the lumbering ford.

IMO Ally Kellock is not an international class lock. At no point has he held down the scotland jersey since his breakthrough, so seems the selectors agree with me. The fact that in the past the giant hamilton got a gime in front of him speaks volumes.

Thom Evans looks pretty good for Glasgow, but have u seen him play for Scotland and finish?! No, coz he aint selected yet. As i said earlier, he deserves a chance, but knowone knows if he will be a "finisher" at international level. Walker has done nothing v France and Wales, big, but lacks pace at this level by the looks of it.

Lamonts are injured, so out of it for now. but will be there once fit.

So yes, WE DO HAVE A LACK OF GOOD PLAYERS. There as some with potential, but they have to show it. Hopefully they will get the chance to do so. but for now, we are SORELY LACKING in certain positions.

IF you can take anything out the France and Wales games suggesting otherwise, you most certainly are an optimist.
[url=http://official.sportnetwork.net/main/s604.htm][img]http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/161200583937.jpg[/img][/url]

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:44 am

the ball we had was as slow as shit on saturday, it's really hard for you to make room for your backs with the ball being so slow. the french forwards are probably the smallest in the competition, but are very sharp and are winning lots of ball, especially turnover ball making time and space for their backs.

we need to play a 10 that threatens the line (paterson or godman), this gives the outside backs more time and space. it's ok to say walker hasn't done anything, but he's been there all of 2 games and hasn't really had a chance. even jonah lumo looked quite ordinary when he got the ball before the defence was fixed. paterson isnae much better as a wing than walker, he has only shown worth in his goal kicking.

for me, you either play paterson at 10 or don't play him at all. we are too willing to play people out of position just to have the "best" players on the pitch. the best blend of players is what we need, the whole team need to function as more than the sum of the parts.
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:23 pm

we have nothing to lose now so i think if we dont play paterson at 10 in the next few games then he will never play there for scotland! we need to be brave a try different things now to see if it works!! and i think that hogg will now start after he played well