Perpignan 2008

S1, S2, Under 15, Under 16, Under 18 teams
RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:26 pm

Spike meant to respond to this earlier (in fact thought I had!!), however if the lads are good enough then speak to Irish as he'll have some spaces due to some GHA etc lads who are unable to go.

spike

Post by spike » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:33 pm

will do

andy scott

Post by andy scott » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:22 pm

Is there ani fundrasers goin to happen because i have jst been saving up and doin little things myself and i just want to know wots happenin

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:08 pm

It looks like there are nearly 20 lads going.
T McGarrity, S Rogers, L McWhinnie.
J Harris, C McGarrity, R Donnacie, S Mullin, R Johnstone, G Smith, K Watters.
D Moon, A Scott, E Watt, F Joyce, M Chrichton, N Dewar, S Ferguson, D Morton, S Johnstone.

The aim is to get at least one 'Bag Pack' in and hold a Camel Race Night before going as fundraisers. Obviously with so many going the amount per individual is not going to be substantial but nonetheless is still appropriate given that whilst the club will help out in a small way the players have a responsibility to fundraise for themselves as well.

It also means we all have to work as hard as we can to generate good sponsor money etc.

Henry Moon is already working on your behalf to get money from the council and any other money raisers should be tabled as options to consider.

Would a Friday evening be best suited to get all parties available for bag packing, and a meeting for ourselves etc?

There is a Perpignan meeting on 20th April at Cartha Queens Park for everyone to be familiarised with other lads and get some form filling completed.
Cheers,
Rod

Henry
Site Editor

Post by Henry » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Rod - I am sure only the following 8 boys are going to Perpignan from the u15s A Scott, E Watt, F Joyce, MCrichton,D Morton, S Ferguson, D Moon, S Denham. Nathan Dewar and Scott Johnstone are unable to go. Friday night will suit me for a meeting. Henry

RodHar
Site Editor

Perpignan: post Codes

Post by RodHar » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:49 am

David, Henry,
Could you give me the post codes for each of the lads selected as I need them for a grant application.
ASAP please!!
Cheers,
Rod

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 am

Solved the problem re post codes so no need now, cheers.

RodHar
Site Editor

Perpignan: CAMEL DERBY

Post by RodHar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:03 am

Have booked Friday the 30th May for a Camel Derby night. We cannot go much earlier as we need prep time, and we can't go much later as time would start to run out and the social area will be used for the Choral Shield rehearsals.

Can everyone make a meeting on Friday 2nd May 7pm at the Dragons Den?

Can we start looking to secure sponsors for each of the races (6 heats) and a major sponsor for the final race. We should be asking for £50 per heat and perhaps £100-£150 for the final?? Given that there are 15 lads involved we could generate twin sponsors for each of the races??
Perhaps an overall sponsor for the whole derby night could be engineered?

A programme will be produced that can incorporate a logo etc from each sponsor. Tickets will be produced to sell and a list of camels for each race will be produced to sell to Owners and jockeys.
Prices/costs can be discussed and confirmed at the meeting.
Does this seem OK?
The event will be a BYOB event.

The only snag!!!! is that I've still to confirm the camels are available ...but I'm confident this will not be a problem.

Please let me know what your availablity is like and/or any thoughts/concerns re this proposal.
Cheers,
Rod

andy scott

Post by andy scott » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Aye Rod I Can Make It

Big Joycie

Post by Big Joycie » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi Rod

I think the 2nd of May is the BB review.

Cheers
TACKLE - RUN - TACKLE - RUN.
RINSE AND REPEAT

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:28 pm

that's correct Joycie.
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

RodHar
Site Editor

Camel Derby

Post by RodHar » Wed May 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Camel Derby booked!!!!!:
30th May Dalziel High School Social area.
Looking for sponsors of 6 qualifying races and the final race as well as a big sponsor for the overall event.

Parents information meeting proposed for either this Friday 9th or Saturday 10th circa 7.00/7.30pm.
E-mails have gone out looking for a response to the best night for the meeting. Please respond to the e-mail and spread the word to others who may not check their e-mails..... ASAP.

For those interested we need
a) the sponsors
b) the camels, owners and Jockeys sold
c) people to definitely attend on the night.
d) bottles of wine for the race winners
e) raffle prizes

Any parents/lads not wanting to be involved please let me or Henry Moon know ASAP.

Please respond...... Henry and I need your help if you want the financial burden eased a little bit.
Please remember the club are putting some money into the pot...but, rightly, are looking for the lads to do some activity re fundraising themselves.

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Wed May 07, 2008 9:50 pm

friday night is more suitable!! at the dragons dens again and what time?

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Fri May 09, 2008 6:16 pm

Only one response!
I take it either nobody reads e-mails or the forum anymore!
No idea whether to go ahead with any meeting!