The Festival - under 16

S1, S2, Under 15, Under 16, Under 18 teams
Big Joycie
The Festival - under 16

Post by Big Joycie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:18 am

Well done to all the lads and coaches, fantastic result, you can't beat winning our festival. The whole squad were outstanding, to dominate every game and only lose one try to a good Carrickfergus team in the last game was brilliant. I may be biased, but I think the under 16's were team of the day, some tremendous running rugby and great support play. Can't wait for next season.
On a personal note, thanks to everyone involved for the past season, especially the coaches.
TACKLE - RUN - TACKLE - RUN.
RINSE AND REPEAT

RobertWestwood

Post by RobertWestwood » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:22 am

Yes, they played very well indeed.....I particularly loved seeing the aggression displayed by Tiny in trying to shove a whole team out of the way !

But I'm afraid you are biased though Alan....the S1's had a great festival as well not losing a game and only losing to Biggar on a points difference of three when GHA decided not to turn up for the last game and Biggar ran in five tries in fifteen minutes.

Bearing in mind the S1's were beating Biggar to the very last play of the game, and playing some fantastic rugby, they were very very unlucky.

The future looks bright for the club though

Gillon

Post by Gillon » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:43 pm

conrats to the under 16 and to everybody else for a cracking day of rugby.

i had the pleasure of watching all the under 16 games and was impressed with the future stars of the firsts. Stick in and keep at it - dont know about all the fisty cuffs though!!!! has maffie been doing some coaching?

cheers gillon

Big Joycie

Post by Big Joycie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi guys

Robert - Just a quick question, does Andrew play for the S1's, hardly an unbiased view, but then Ross plays for the 16's, it must be very hard for you to decide ?? The fact the the 16's WON their tournament means they shade it. But well done to the S1's and everyone else.

Gillon - Thanks for your kind words, fisty cuffs!!! was not their fault, the other team started it.. Can't wait to see how they get on next year..
TACKLE - RUN - TACKLE - RUN.
RINSE AND REPEAT

RobertWestwood

Post by RobertWestwood » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:33 am

Yes, Andrew plays for the S1's so I'm biased as well :lol:

Its good to see so many promising players coming through the ranks though

AndyHill

Post by AndyHill » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Gillon I bet none of the under 16's r suspended for the start of next season for being a prat.

Gillon

Post by Gillon » Sat May 02, 2009 8:33 pm

andy, fair point however not very well made. whilst i had one moment of slight rashness - emphasis on the word slight - i clearly remember a certain player recieving 3 yellows throughout the season!!! who could that have been eh - get it up you.

anyway i made my return today for the majestic thirds as they rampaged over cambuslang. scored a few so think i am back in the hunt for top points scorer.

bigmancammy
Site Editor

Post by bigmancammy » Tue May 05, 2009 10:58 am

Gillon wrote:andy, fair point however not very well made. whilst i had one moment of slight rashness - emphasis on the word slight - i clearly remember a certain player recieving 3 yellows throughout the season!!! who could that have been eh - get it up you.

anyway i made my return today for the majestic thirds as they rampaged over cambuslang. scored a few so think i am back in the hunt for top points scorer.

You both are bad boys < I think handbags at training to sort this tiff out. You wouldnt get me doing that !!!! Especially as Crawford took a yellow card for me once LOL Gillon think you've to beat 12 thats what Kev has best of luck. Andy great season , keep it going for next year cheers from this auld wrinkly btw well done 3rds on a good season all teams done really well and theres a lot of accomplished players coming thru from youths
Big-Man Cammy; Be Warned! ;)

slowie

Post by slowie » Thu May 07, 2009 9:32 am

Gillon, Gillon, Gillon......

Sad day you are invited to the3rds and your ultimate goal is to pick up easy tries. especially when I am putting you under the posts at the expense of my own ego.

slowie

Post by slowie » Thu May 07, 2009 9:43 am

Need to mention well done to all the Dalziel boys not just U16 and S1's ! Also well done to the lad who won the the Phil Anderson trophy. Big Phil was a gentleman as anyone who knew him will attest.