Cup Bummer

S1, S2, Under 15, Under 16, Under 18 teams
spike
Cup Bummer

Post by spike » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:59 pm

:twisted: The youth committe, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to dispense with the Cup Semi's and Finals, meaning that the U16's and U15's will probably only have one more competitive full match this season. What a bummer, both teams were poised for a crack at winning the relative Glasgow Cup's but will now have to make do with winning their leagues. The U16's only have Dumfries to play, so let's make sure we win that and top the league unbeaten.

Big Joycie

Post by Big Joycie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:03 am

Unbelievable.
Why?
Its not the point that we were possibly going to win both, but how can you keep teams motivated and coming every training session when they don't have much to aim at... I know summer festivals are there, but they don't start for months, for boys that age, thats a lifetime away..
Its totally wrong that they change things at short notice, could we run a finals day at Dalziel, in conjuction with the other clubs ? Play it as soon as possible, to seperate it from the youth festival..
play 2 semi's for Under 15, then 2 semi's for Under 16, then the under 15 final, then under 16 final.. Everyone gets at least a games rest. 15 minutes a half in the semi's 30minutes in the final....
TACKLE - RUN - TACKLE - RUN.
RINSE AND REPEAT

morgan

Post by morgan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:18 pm

Thats crazy. I really feel sorry for the guys in our 15's & 16's. At that age you need games, games and more games. There's only so much u can learn from training, these guys need games to develop, get match experience, and ENJOY THEMSEVES!!!!

We have such a problem in Scotland retaining players at these age groups, and not giving them games isnt going to help. I think one ofthe problems is due to the weather/leack of fixtures anyway after chrimbo, with so little weekend rugby its all too easy for these guys to get involved in other things.

I agree with you solution Joycie big fella. Get all the boys together for a meaningfull tourney, could be a great day out. Get the parks booked now!
[url=http://official.sportnetwork.net/main/s604.htm][img]http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/161200583937.jpg[/img][/url]

spike

Cup Bummer

Post by spike » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:27 pm

A wee tournament could be the answer, although I am sure everyone would want it to be at their home ground. We were thinking of asking Cumnock and West, the other two teams in contention in Pool A for a game. We have West at the Youth Festival anyway, so maybe just play Cumnock.
:roll:

spike

Game v Portobello

Post by spike » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:42 pm

The U16's will be playing at Portobello on Sunday 16th March. The meet time is 11:45 at the Civic Centre. See you all there.