Under 15's

S1, S2, Under 15, Under 16, Under 18 teams
Henry
Site Editor
Under 15's

Post by Henry » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:44 pm

Another victory on Sunday 47 v 5 against Cumbernauld keeps the team unbeaten in 2008. The team also sit top of their league section in the Glasgow Cup. The tight park did not really suit our style of play but the team adapted to the pitch and, the 4 seasons in one match weather conditions. Still plenty of improvements required by both forwards and backs at set plays, but these will be worked on at training. Another away game this Sunday at local rivals Uddingston details to follow later in the week.

Big Joycie

Well Done

Post by Big Joycie » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:08 am

Well done lads, glad to see you continued the good work from the previous week, which at times was outstanding. Can't wait for next weeks game at Uddie, can't beat a local derby. And the pies are usually very good at Uddie.
TACKLE - RUN - TACKLE - RUN.
RINSE AND REPEAT

andy scott

Post by andy scott » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:41 pm

Haha well lets hope its a victory pie we get

andy scott

Post by andy scott » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Well Done Giys The Day Lets Take That Performane Into The Semi Final's

Big Joycie

Uddie game

Post by Big Joycie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:24 am

Well played against Uddie, they had some big guys, (1 &3) but they got the message from the very start, forwards were very dominant, the back were rampent, big hits all over the park. Well thats enough about the first half... Only kidding, they had to get better in the second half, great that you kept them out in the dying minutes, you deserved to have them score nil.
On a different note, does anyone think that if a referee is missing dangerous play at the scrum, like the prop trying to hook the other props legs and collapse the scrum, then its ok for a member of the crowd to POLITLY advise the ref of this, or should it just be left to the ref?
Any thoughts anyone?
TACKLE - RUN - TACKLE - RUN.
RINSE AND REPEAT

spike

Dangerous Play

Post by spike » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:21 am

I agree with you Joycie. At Irvine the referee was about 18 years old, he had no idea of the dangers facing players when they dive over the top of rucks and I advised him that I thought the situation was becoming dangerous. He told me that "they are both at it". Even although this wasn't true, I said that it was irrelevant. Stop it for both teams or someone willget hurt.

In the end three of their forwards went off injured with neck and head injuries. I think it's up to coaches to express their concerns together at half time. If the ref doesn't take these on board, there is very little that you can do. :(

HarryS

Post by HarryS » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:31 pm

Safety first. Perhaps its best if the member of crowd draws it to the attention of the person running the line and he informs the ref. Uddie's no 1's antics were dangerous, especially in those conditions.