Dazzlers win again

For 1st, 2nds and 3rd XVs
Wee Davie
Site Editor
Dazzlers win again

Post by Wee Davie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:35 pm

Cheered by the news of Russel and Gail's happy anouncement and by news that Ian Mills is on the long road to recovery aftr a serious illness the 3s took on old rivals GHA Gazelle's at Braidholm. Kicking into a strong wind the first half was a strong test of the teams defence and this proved exceptional as GHA used the wind to full effect and kicked for postion everytime and were close on acouple of occasions to crossing the line. Good forward play allowed the backs the room to run and Scott MacLelland was allowed half a gap and powered over from his own half to give the boys a welcome start Stewart Kicked the first of his Three conversions. From the Kick off JT took the ball on and after a series of rucks Neil Simpson ran the length of the park for the second score.
A change of game plan at half time allowed us to play a more expansive game but credit to GHA who began to show a bit more power and scored the first try of the second half this seemed to fire the 3s up and with Davie stewart using the wind we managed to get close enough for Andy Scott too charge over from 20 meters. Again the defence was put to the test as GHA pushed for a second score but this came to nothing as we pushed back and after a long kick to touch from a penalty Scott Murphy was credited with his first senior score after some good pick and go's from a series of rucks. Toward the end of the game Keith McDonald made his first start of the season this will be Kieth's 38th Season playing rugby.
Superb effort from all the boys hopefully next week we can get everybody available and get the 3a's out again.

If you are planing to visit Ian Mills he is in Ward 7 please let Donna his wife know as she is trying to get friends and family into visit also.

Roddy

Post by Roddy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:57 pm

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" - Michael Jordan

slowie

Post by slowie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:33 pm

From what I can gather, the SRU have our score wrong. They have as played 3 but only 2 bonus points. I am working towards rectifying this.

Wee Davie
Site Editor

Post by Wee Davie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:45 pm

I emailed rod jenkins he was correcting the score on the 2nd xv web site and has us down for 4 bonus points so we must be doing something right