Best Score of the year

For 1st, 2nds and 3rd XVs
barryts
Best Score of the year

Post by barryts » Tue May 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Following on from the Player of the year Thread.

Anyone got any suggestions for the try of the year?

My vote goes to the away game at Murrayfield Wanderers. The length of the pitch try where Chubby passed inside to Paul for a score in the corner was superb.
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm

we scored quiet a few gd team tries towards the end of the season...but it has to be my 2nd try against berwick....gd ball from our half at the lineout out to the centres( goldie n harris) who both made ground then there was a ruck 10m out..fuzz popped up to me n i finishd it off in style :lol:

i have to admit tho pauls was pretty special aswell :D

but personally i scored my best ever try for the 2s down at annan....when i got the ball from anton at our 22m a wee dummy cut with simple n i went round there winger :lol: sidesteppd there 9 n gassed the rest then it was completed with a spectacular dive :D

Stevie
Site Editor

Post by Stevie » Tue May 05, 2009 4:15 pm

I was once told that self praise is no honour.

There are 2 definite contenders that come to a mere spectators mind

Try 1 Mafie the Legends Coach who had to step into the breech against Stewartry slow ball from the lineout followed by an outrageous dummy siccors with Stangoe which checked the back row and another ice cold dummy which fixed the centre he then glided through the gap to sidestep then outsprint the young and up and coming fullback to score between the posts with not a hand laid on him and even the opposition stood to applaud this genius at work."well various remarks were made about his parentage"

Try 2 Eddie verses Helensburgh burst through inside the 10m line outsprinted the cover defence ran nearly the length of the pitch layed off the pass in the tackle to Kev Sherry who was then tackled and popped the ball up for Eddie who had regained his feet to collect it and power over the line.
[img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc115/Jam_HitMan/steviesig.gif[/img]

They who lack talent expect things to happen without effort.At the core of every true talent there is an awareness of the difficulties inherent in any achievement.

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue May 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Stevie wrote: Try 2 Eddie verses Helensburgh burst through inside the 10m line outsprinted the cover defence ran nearly the length of the pitch layed off the pass in the tackle to Kev Sherry who was then tackled and popped the ball up for Eddie who had regained his feet to collect it and power over the line.
Rossi's was a better score, but like you said mate - nominating yourself for these things, as tempting as it is, shows a certain egomania. :wink:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Heed

Post by Heed » Tue May 05, 2009 5:10 pm

The 1's first try against cambuslang was an absolute topper.....

Break dwn the wing with 4 or 5 offloads before a tackle was made, think it was a certain Mr. Simpson who got on the scoresheet.

Ross_M

Post by Ross_M » Tue May 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Agree with Barry that the Paul Beer try against Murrayfield was probably the best. We'd been struggling to score league tries until that game so that was a turning point I think!

Andy Hill's two penalty kicks down at Dumfries were my favourite scores however. How far was it Andy? 80 yards??

Heed

Post by Heed » Tue May 05, 2009 5:31 pm

The last one in particular. Tied at 3-3, upsteps Hilkinson from all of 82 yards into a verocious Force 5 gale.... slots it right dwn the middle.

Classic.........

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Tue May 05, 2009 10:08 pm

haha eddy i was jst meaning to say it was the best solo try i have ever scored in my life :D .....there have been sum gr8t team tries tho in both the 1st and 2s games....its probably too hard to think of the best one though!!!

barryts

Post by barryts » Wed May 06, 2009 8:41 am

Heed wrote:The 1's first try against cambuslang was an absolute topper......
I may have voted for this one mate, but i missed the end of it after I passed inside to Andy and the Cambus guy absolutely flattened me. I heard through the crowd that you were the key link though mate.
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

Hot Sauce

Post by Hot Sauce » Wed May 06, 2009 3:36 pm

I think the inter play for both the cambuslang try and the murrayfield try merits them equal status as top tries. For me, without sounding like rossi :wink: , i have 2 particular memories from tries this season and they both involve the delecate johnsons baby soft hands of 2 of our power house forwards providing an assist for my scores. First was Heeds perfectly judged pass against cambus and the other hilkinsons lightnenin fast flick against howe...beautiful lads!
Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost.

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Wed May 06, 2009 3:38 pm

there have been a lot of good scores for the 2s this year. Rossi's one against annan was pretty good, as have most of anton's tries. Eddie's on from the kickoff at home to Helensburgh was a good one too.

There is another from, i think, the home killie game that I thought would have been try of the season, but i now can't remember it... :roll:
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

simon.b

Post by simon.b » Wed May 06, 2009 6:44 pm

iv got to say big drews against garnock at brannock for the dazzlers...any front row who catches the ball from the kick off and runs through everybody to score must be in with a shout. :twisted: :wink:

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Thu May 07, 2009 12:03 pm

simon.b wrote:iv got to say big drews against garnock at brannock for the dazzlers...any front row who catches the ball from the kick off and runs through everybody to score must be in with a shout. :twisted: :wink:
ha ha - i just don't have what it takes to play in there matey :lol:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

simon.b

Post by simon.b » Thu May 07, 2009 8:11 pm

do you mean the front row or the dazzlers or both :lol: :lol:

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Fri May 08, 2009 9:27 am

I played in the front row a few times, it's a horrible place to be. Youi need to be a certain breed of headcase to want to do that on a regular basis! :wink:
Joseph Heller