Players' Player of the Year 2008/09

For 1st, 2nds and 3rd XVs
Crawford Reid
Players' Player of the Year 2008/09

Post by Crawford Reid » Fri May 01, 2009 11:17 am

So was thinking, given that's its near the end of the year, with one game remaining...it'd be great to hear the general concensus for who was the players' player of the year...totally unoffical though...

I only got back with a couple of months ago, but from what i saw there are a few contenders...

It pains me to say it, but my first choice would be Andy Hill...his kicking has been pretty good, and his tackling is more like watching a car crash, plus he manages to get his massive ass around the pitch pretty well too!

I'd also say Blake was worth a shout, as he's a bit of a try scoring machine, and Chubby as he brings the glamour to the side, with his champagne rugby skills.

Good to get people opinion...

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Fri May 01, 2009 1:05 pm

All three have had a great season but for me Andy Hill has been the most consistant. It's Andy Hill for me.

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Fri May 01, 2009 1:58 pm

get some nominations in, then we have a vote!

Blake for me has had a great season, but I've watched a fair amount the of the 2s this year and I would have to say Kev Sherry and Anton are both very worthy of inclusion.
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Stevie
Site Editor

Post by Stevie » Fri May 01, 2009 2:33 pm

I have watched the seconds a few times and I would agree with you Niall
maybe someone should set up a poll :?: :?: :D
[img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc115/Jam_HitMan/steviesig.gif[/img]

They who lack talent expect things to happen without effort.At the core of every true talent there is an awareness of the difficulties inherent in any achievement.

Heed

Post by Heed » Fri May 01, 2009 3:07 pm

100% Andy Hill. He's played almost every position for the firsts with the exception of front row and not looked out of place. He always give's 100%, always drivin the team on and wins us games with his kicking displays. Eg. Dumfries Away (70 yarder according to the press)

A lot of the other boys have had great seasons too but i think Hillkinsons allround performance's clinche it.

Heed(Andy Hill's #1 fan)

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Fri May 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Anton has had a great year - really growing into a classy player. Adams said to me during the Annan game, "He made 5 yards on me in 5 yards". Unbelievable pace and has scored classy trys for fun all year.

I'd 2nd Sherry's inclusion - great season. In other years he'd have been a shoe in for the top team's back row. Great nose for the whitewash!

Chubby should be in there too - cos he's stuck in even when not picked in the 1s and just kept playing the game his way. He was the catalyst for a great 2nd XV win down at Irvine and that was def one of the high points of the 2s season.

Big Paul might not have scored (m)any trys but I'd think he's up there too. Just works away all day and a lot of the success of the team has been down to players like Paul.

On the same count Simmo has had a good season and should be in with a shout. He's made hard yards and laid the ball off for other guys to get on the score sheet.

2nd Craw re Blake and his try scoring. He just refuses to stay tackled!
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Dake

Post by Dake » Fri May 01, 2009 4:22 pm

having played this season with the 2s theres been a few boys in with a shout but have to agree antons performance this year has been great, wither against hamilton "2s" dumpin their prop as he charged thru the middle or jst the fact he always beats the first man. but kev sherry gets my vote, each week hes been everywhere on the park putting in a huge effort in attack and defence!

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Fri May 01, 2009 4:37 pm

For me it would have to be be either Blake or Paul as every game they are at every breakdown or the 1st to support....Blake has obviously got the most tries for the 1st team plus all the other guys in the 1st team have all chipped in....andy with his kickin and 100% effort every game but i cant give him my vote for breaking my wrist lol :lol: ! I would pick a forward anyway for players player of the season as i dont think our backs have been stand out but we have played well together as a unit!

spike

Post by spike » Sun May 03, 2009 8:32 pm

I've put a poll onthe website. Have your say on the poll. It's in the Senior thread.