doonhamer
2nd XV league - Super Saturday 7th March

Post by doonhamer » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Did you stuff Whitecraigs?

Dumfries beat Killie 13 -3 at Kilmarnock

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:17 am

nah, our seconds posted possibly the worst performance for a few years to lose 19-0.
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:20 am

all the whitecraigs points came from very basic Dalziel mistakes. We were camped on their line fout times and couldnt score. When Chris Hunter did score the referee was positioned badly and never gave it. That would have been a turning point in the game. Credit to Whitecraigs though, they were a good team although they didnt look like scoring until we turned the ball over on their line when they ran the length of the pitch to score. It didnt help that we had two back row players playing on the wing at the final whistle and were missing four of our starting backs. We will still win the league if we win our two remaining home games. This was our first defeat since october and it is hard to be too critical. Everyone must get to training and concentrate on winning the final two games. Tha attitude has to be correct for every game. Yesterday I got the impression that some players were beat before we had started the game. Hopefully this defeat will bring us all down to earth.

doonhamer

Post by doonhamer » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:41 pm

It's all about pride/kudos in finishing top. And the rest of us bragging rights for next season

I believe the restructure of second fifteen rugby will probably see the top four of us in a new West 1 division with only one National 2nd XV league. The Killie boys agree and had heard the same news.

Have you guys heard of anything different?

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:43 pm

That would be a top idea, as Hamilton and Garnock have both found out, division two is a tough prospect. If I hear anything I'll post it on here. All the best mate.

sumo227

Post by sumo227 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:56 pm

guys like maff said its all down to you now... hard work needed fot the next couple of weeks. every one of YOU guys know what is needed now, and it time to step up to the line and show what it means to play for that black and blue jersey.

hard word for two weeks all makes for a good summer when you win the league... cmon lads lets get stuck in

aw the best sumo
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" (Mark Twain)

token-tim1888

Post by token-tim1888 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:54 pm

sorry 2 hear you lads got beat!! keep ur heads up n get stuck in!!