update...

For 1st, 2nds and 3rd XVs
admin
Site Admin
update...

Post by admin » Fri May 02, 2008 11:37 am

Hello all,

There was some unsavoury posting yesterday which we felt was detrimental to the rugby club (given the website is fully in the public domain). Given the importance of the game coming up it was felt that Preston Lodge could have the potential to use this against us psychologically.

We appreciate that the bus times have provided some annoyance to people, but as a club we have to accept these decisions. We are not saying you must take them lying down by any manner of means, but by all means bring it up, in private, with a member of the committee (email addresses and phone numbers of most the committee are here).

There are now some forum rules (very, very basic ones I nicked, and modified, from another forum!), which it would be good if you could adhere by. We're mostly adults and don't need them, but if you are ever in doubt about posting something then have a quick read. These can be found here.

As mentioned above, we don't want to allow our opponents any edge by giving them ammunition from this forum. Of course, it is still beneficial for us, as a team, to discuss these things away from training. To allow this there is now a section called "Non-General Chat" where only approved members can post. This is also a safe haven for talking about Saturday night antics that really shouldn't be in the public domain! ;) If you require access, then PM me with your full name so that I know you are in fact a club member!

I realise this sounds a bit preachy, but we need to be aware of the public image of the club, especially given that we appear in the top 20 hits on google for "dalziel" and for "motherwell rugby" which are not really direct searches for us.

Any problems/questions/comments/suggestions/etc then either email or PM me and I'll get back to you :)

cheers,

niall
Admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Micky

Post by Micky » Fri May 02, 2008 11:55 am

Well done Niall, good points made.

Dennis Bell

Post by Dennis Bell » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:35 am

" well done Niall" very good Micky, your well into Niall!