National Bowl 3rd May advance party

For 1st, 2nds and 3rd XVs
khalidf
Site Editor
National Bowl 3rd May advance party

Post by khalidf » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:24 pm

Folks

Have booked me and Sumo a room for the Friday night ahead of the cup final since we are not going to Warsaw.

We are staying at the Premier Travel Inn 5 mins up from the Grassmarket. Twin rooms cost £89 (thats £44.50 per person based on two sharing)!!

http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInfo ... elId=24161

Premier Travel Inn
82 Lauriston Place
Edinburgh
EH3 9DG

Tel. 0870 990 6610

barryts

Post by barryts » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:45 pm

very cozy guys. Mind wear the good underware! :wink:
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

Hot Sauce

Post by Hot Sauce » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:37 pm

whats happenin after...folk stayin in edinburgh for a night out or is it back to the well for a typical sad night in mega and hype? i say wev got to mark the occassion wit a good night in the capital city...whos up for it?

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:43 am

I think there should be at least one coach hangin on so the guys can hit the Edinbugger drinking dens after the match!

Will put the idea to the mandarins this evening :idea:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:36 am

teenwolf wrote:I think there should be at least one coach hangin on so
i'm sure Lee and Al wouldn't both mind hanging back...

edit: by the way everyone, click on this link and print it off and stick it up around Motherwell (and beyond)!

lets get as many people through!
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:20 am

Niall,
I meant to say earlier what is the significance /rationale behind using one of the land army girls as a poster!!
I know Edwardo and Grunter are sometimes a bit extreme in attire and song choice (I refer of course to the 'Gay Bar' Karaoke eyeopener), but the rest of the lads are clearly all rugged rugby players!?
Could we not have rugby lookalikes for each of the guys in the squad as our poster bearers??
Looking forward to the spin from Big Joycie here!

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:27 am

I dunno, i just thought it was amusing! Fraser did suggest getting grunter to do that pose would be better (with polka dot head scarf). Unfortunately, I have my dissertation due on friday, so i don't have time to get photos!

Just have to do get to a final next year ;)

(the rationale for the posters was that they were pretty easy to make, and that they would be noticeable, and provide some comedy at the same time :) )

edit:

though, adding the face from this photo might be more amusing. Or using this photo
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

BigG

Post by BigG » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:34 am

Just to update everyone on after game arrangements before everyone starts to make their own. Everyone is returning to the clubhouse at Dalziel Park after the game. Supporters buses will start to leave Edinburgh at 3pm, and the players bus will be last to leave probably at 3.30pm. Once this bus returns it will act as a shuttle taking people from Dalziel Park to Motherwell until about 7pm. If enough people are of the mind to go to a different location post game, then it may be possible to arrange for the bus to make that last drop.

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:49 am

hmmm - interesting!

this type of shuttle bus arrangement would be worth considering for all our home matches, we could take a few quid off folk and it would help with the crowd and the bar takings :idea:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:06 pm

RodHar wrote:Niall,
I meant to say earlier what is the significance /rationale behind using one of the land army girls as a poster!!
I know Edwardo and Grunter are sometimes a bit extreme in attire and song choice (I refer of course to the 'Gay Bar' Karaoke eyeopener), but the rest of the lads are clearly all rugged rugby players!?
Could we not have rugby lookalikes for each of the guys in the squad as our poster bearers??
Looking forward to the spin from Big Joycie here!
On a public forum - I'll have you for defamation Mr Harris! :P
Joseph Heller

barryts

Post by barryts » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:49 pm

3:30 is a bit early to come back is it not?
I thought we were going to stay and watch all the finals as Big Simmo will be playing in the Heriots final at the end which KO's around 4pm!

3.30is a bit early - Anyone else think so?
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

Roddy

Post by Roddy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:58 pm

Yes I was hoping to stay and watch Heriots as well - Simmo is a certain starter after scoring two on Saturday and I am sure he would appreciate the support.

It would also allow those lucky enough to be selected some time with the "fans" in the stadium.

Does anyone know the departure time to Murrayfield in the morning for the buses??
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" - Michael Jordan

AndyMcL

Post by AndyMcL » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:08 pm

I think 3.30 is way too early too. There will be lots of people coming along that don't usually go to these sort of events and it would be good if they could hang around and get a bit of the atmosphere. I suppose there will be a lot of youngsters that might get bored after a while but some of the adults will probably want to make a day of it.

Perhaps two different departure times to give people the option.

khalidf
Site Editor

Post by khalidf » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:28 pm

There's a good chance than Simmo could be playing for Heriots in the Cup final at 4pm....he did score two tries in their semi on Saturday!!

Its up to the players to decide what they want to do....you are after all the guys that matter (and not necessarily us auld farts), but whatever happens should be done as a team!!

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:31 pm

i thought the same. I had kinda assumed that the buses wouldn't be leaving until nearer 6 after the cup final.
admin - dalzielrugby.com