National Bowl 3rd May advance party

For 1st, 2nds and 3rd XVs
BigG

Post by BigG » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:42 pm

In answer to your question Roddy the supporters buses are leaving from dalziel HS at 10.30am.

The most important thing for me is that as many people as possible stick together after the game to celebrate the fact that we made the final, whatever the outcome. I would have to say that my experience of Cup Finals Day is that everyone goes home after their own game is finished. Whilst it would be nice to stay and support Simmo, and I'm sure everyone at the club sends him their best wishes for the game if he is selected, we have to give priortiy to our own arrangements.

In my opinion if we don't have a set leaving time then people will fritter away in dribs and drabs and the day will end as something of a damp squib, which would be a great shame.

I will however raise the concerns voiced here to the appropriate people at tonight's game.

BigG

Post by BigG » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:45 pm

BTW Niall Spike says that your poster is far superior to the official SRU one.

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Oh Graeme - a coupla posts and look at the bother you're causin :wink:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Wee Davie
Site Editor

Post by Wee Davie » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:19 pm

The prospect of winning this final is real so we as a club from p1 to Senior should all be comming back to Cleland and celebrate while I appreciate that some of you might want to wander the flesh pots of deepest darkest Edinburgh. Remember that the whole club will be supporting you if not in person then in spirit. (The way Khalid was dishing out tickets at the youth festival more people will be there than not.) The shuttle bus idea to and from Motherwell is a great idea and we should explore this for future use.
Lets make this a club day both at Murrayfield and back at Dalziel Park then back down to Motherwell after the boxing has died down from Motherwell Celtic next week.

rossi9!!

Post by rossi9!! » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:16 pm

is there tickets going to be available at training on tuesday?

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:25 pm

I believe there will be.

you could always fire an email off to khalid and reserve some tickets.
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:45 am

BigG wrote:BTW Niall Spike says that your poster is far superior to the official SRU one.

for those interested in seeing the SRU poster: Click here
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

khalidf
Site Editor

Post by khalidf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm

Its not often that I will admit to doing a U-turn, but I agree all players and supporters should go back to Dalziel and celebrate the teams achievement togeather!!

It is the end of the season and last official game, so there will not be another opportunity before the long dark summer when there is no rugby on Saturday's and we are forced into day trips and shopping to while away the boring Saturday afternoons till the new season starts!!

Also if everybody does come back.....there will be more room in the so called "fleshpots" for me......haha

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:19 pm

Shame on you Khalid, day trips and shopping. Come on mate. The golf and cricket season's have started and we will need to meet in jds every saturday to plan for next season.

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:22 pm

if only i could play cricket - i hear they stop for lunch half way through - how civilised :wink:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Jambo

Well done

Post by Jambo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Alrighty Girlz,

Well done for Reaching the bowl final guys I can only say good luck to all of you and hope you all really enjoy the experience of playing on the National teams park and facilities etc sure they won't match up to the old cleland :o :o :o
Anyways hows aboot getting me a billet for the game will come up to training to collect it as i sensible now i won't be drinking but plan taking the car through been on sru website and no indications for a car park etc would like some help on that i also plan spending all day there so anyone wanting a lift etc (as long as i get a ticket)
Cheers
p.s. well done to Grunt and yogi who have already tasted national success altho many moons ago and to big Les have a good one guys

teenwolf

Re: Well done

Post by teenwolf » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:17 am

Jambo wrote:Alrighty Girlz,

Well done for Reaching the bowl final guys I can only say good luck to all of you and hope you all really enjoy the experience of playing on the National teams park and facilities etc sure they won't match up to the old cleland :o :o :o
Anyways hows aboot getting me a billet for the game will come up to training to collect it as i sensible now i won't be drinking but plan taking the car through been on sru website and no indications for a car park etc would like some help on that i also plan spending all day there so anyone wanting a lift etc (as long as i get a ticket)
Cheers
p.s. well done to Grunt and yogi who have already tasted national success altho many moons ago and to big Les have a good one guys
Hiya Jambo - if you want to get tickets Khalid should be about tonight at training so you'll be able to get your hands on one if you come up.

you should come back and play next year - you'd enjoy yersell :P
Joseph Heller

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:51 pm

I Know I would enjoy it etc but god says i am to good looking to play now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks anyway Edwardo
I hope you mean i can get my hands on a ticket :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cheers

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:00 pm

cmon you weans can look at this :P

keep the in-your-endo to yersell :wink:
Joseph Heller

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Thu May 01, 2008 7:28 pm

since this thread has some talk of the cup final,

http://www.scottishrugby.org/sru/commun ... 0C5D333875

Simmo has been selected for heriots.
admin - dalzielrugby.com