Dazzlers Game

For 1st, 2nds and 3rd XVs
Wee Davie
Site Editor
Dazzlers Game

Post by Wee Davie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Garnock 5 Dazzlers 49
A little short in numbers a 22 man squad traveled to sunny Garnock this week needing a win to keep the pressure on Hillhead and Alan Glens at the top of 2nd xv west 6. With Dancing Al McGlashan back in the fold after a short sabbatical this meant that another page in Dazzlers history was made as another father son playing combination graced the field however it was not until early in the second half that this happened. The early break through came after good work by the forwards meant a scrum 5 meters from the Garnock line and with veterans John Thomson and Ian Flash Shankland at 8 & 9 a quick pick up and flash wriggled over for the score.Tries 2 & 3 came after a prolonged pressure with Alan Lynch scoreing the first of his 3 tries and Scot McLelland the other.
After the break the flood gates opened with a further 6 tries being scored with the lynchy completeing his hat trick Big Al crossing for a score on his come back and Stevie Paton getting a well deserved score also .

The highlight of the game was when the Garnock 8 & 9 and captain along with Shanky were called over by the ref and told that as Shanky was to quick for them at the base of the scrum they should use the ball quicker.

Another excellent day for the 3rds and keeps the pressure on the other teams at the top.If the results are correct then the 3s are now 2 points behind Alan Glens at the top of the league and 1 point behind Hillhead/Jordanhill.

spike

Post by spike » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Sounds like another great day and another milestone for the Club with the McGlashens joining that small group of elite rugby players who have graced the field in Dalziel colours as father and son partnerships.

Congratulations - I am sure it will be celebrated in true Dazzler fashion.

Stevie
Site Editor

Post by Stevie » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Well done to Fra Mcgla and Big Al. :) :)
[img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc115/Jam_HitMan/steviesig.gif[/img]

They who lack talent expect things to happen without effort.At the core of every true talent there is an awareness of the difficulties inherent in any achievement.

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:45 am

can someone send me the squad and scorers for this game please :)
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Wee Davie
Site Editor

Post by Wee Davie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:52 am

Simon Gilky Murph barry Fuz Peter JT Fitz Shanky Davie Stewart Mecel jnr Lynchy Paton Chris Scott Rodgers Keith DJ Cheetah John Kerr John McDonald Dancin Al Andy Johnson
Lynchy 3 Tries
Paton Shanky Davie Stewart Mecel Jnr 2tries Chris Howieson
Davie Stewart 2 cons
I THINK THE BOYS MAY CORRECT ME