crazy wifes need karoke not specks

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits in here
the grunter
crazy wifes need karoke not specks

Post by the grunter » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:25 pm

just to let all the guys who deposited their wifes and common law partners at ladys day the karoke went on till eightish and they were all steaming.

the only thing that was missing from a bar full of ladys was robin with a pocket full of cash and a blank cheque.

sadly Les Mitchell knocked him back at the door

:roll:
"Take all your fears shove them into the pit off your stomach and spit it back out as pure aggression"

spike

Post by spike » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Well done Grunter, I thought you did a marvellous job. Hopefully you made good use of the black pudding. Also, thanks are due to Khalid and Les Barclay for their fortitude and dedication to the cause.

Finally, many thanks to Les Mitchell and his motley crew of lecherous old men behind the bar and waiting tables.

You are braver men than me - Gunga Din

HillyD

Ladies Day

Post by HillyD » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:28 pm

As one of the 'ladies' present on Saturday, I'd like to give a huge thank you, not only to the very deserving people already mentioned, but to two ladies who have not been mentioned and worked bloody hard to make the day what it was... Carole and Jan Barclay. They did a fabulous job and I know Carole spent her day off work up to her eyes in prep for it all. I'm sure Les was involved there too.

The only thing missing from the day were the Dalziel players and the usual suspects!!! Where were you?

This, I feel, was a shocking show of support for fellow club members who support you tirelessly week in, week out.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Gail has asked me to post a big thank you to Carole and Jan, the kitchen brigade and Grunter for a great day on Saturday and hopes this maybe the start of a social calander for the rugby widows!

She has also asked to the thank Hilary and all the other ladies at the table for making her feel so welcome, although I am sure the amount of wine available had nothing to do with it!

spike

Post by spike » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Whoops - :oops: I missed off Carole and Jan in my earlier post although I did mention Carole in the programme.

I also thought that it was unfortunate that a) Linlithgow didn't come into the clubhouse, b) the understanding was that if you wanted to see the Scotland game you had to go to JD's as the Karaoke was going to be using the screen (probably a misunderstanding) and c) the games kicked off earlier than usual.

We will learn from this and hope that it didnt spoil your enjoyment of the day too much. :?

Head Party Girl
Site Editor

Post by Head Party Girl » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:10 am

Great effort from all involved in Ladies Day. Special mentions to Grant who who thought was escaping early!!!! Fix the karoke and bring in the puppy Grant! Star of the night was Carol McGlashan who got the party started and is booked for next year!!!! Def honey. Thanks to all that attended.

dancing al
Site Editor

Post by dancing al » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:39 pm

No doubt my good lady wife will relish the idea, and not let me forget, that he has been mistaken for our daughter. Please note it was Claire McGlashan who woke up on Sunday morning feeling particularly unwell and with vitually no voice!

Head Party Girl
Site Editor

Post by Head Party Girl » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Sorry Alistair for dragging your wife into the mayhem! It's your daughter who was the star tho wife also welcome to join in. Please say big thank you to Claire because once the party got started - the party got started!!!!!!