College Gym

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits in here
Mattybroon
College Gym

Post by Mattybroon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi all, I've been speaking to Rod Harris and some of the guys that have been using the gym recently, and I'm looking to try and get some bigger numbers using it. The availability of the gym as I'm sure you will agree is an opportunity we shouldn't let pass us by. With the 1's now playing premier rugby and the 2's playing in the national league not to mention the 3's recent successes we have seen a huge difference in the size and physical difference between us and our opponents meaning using the gym is more important than ever for us.
After some discussions with Rob and others, I am looking to change things a bit in the gym to make it more enjoyable and introduce some more group work rather than slugging it out on your own. Myself like many feel that this can get boring after a while and unless u have complete self discipline is grinding.
One of the changes I was looking at is bring in some weighted circuit training where we can get round it in about 45 mins with some high intensity training. However this would only be possible if we have the numbers committed to it, this could be done once a week and would also help with the cardio side of things as well,
Guys if you could post your thoughts on this and give me as much feedback as possible to allow me to put something together that will meet everyones needs,
I'm sure you'll all agree we don't want to lose the use of the gym altogether because of lack of numbers,
Your feedback would be much appreciated

Mecel
Site Editor

Re: College Gym

Post by Mecel » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:55 am

Sounds like a plan Matty. I'd def be into that. I think we'd get a lot more out of the session if there was a lot of us up training together and working in a circuit. Count me in.
The Glass Man...

Mattybroon

Re: College Gym

Post by Mattybroon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:15 am

My thoughts exactly Mecel, will wait to see what others have to say before putting something in place, we will need at least 8 people to make it worth while, we could run 2 sessions once a week for the people that can't make the 6 pm start time, one at 6 and the other starting at 7pm. And will arrange it for the day that gets us the most people,