Dalziel 2s v Melrose "storm"

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits in here
peterjm
Dalziel 2s v Melrose "storm"

Post by peterjm » Tue May 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Picture of 2s v storm on Melrose website with complimentary comments- 2nd slide Spike looking particulaly "fresh" !

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Tue May 11, 2010 10:22 pm

can someone confirm the team that played against Melrose? I think i spy George in one of the photos, but i've not got him in the team list!
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Mecel
Site Editor

Post by Mecel » Tue May 11, 2010 10:52 pm

They also have the score at 31-26. We'll take that thank you!!

Report from Melrose:

"Dalziel proved to be a tough challenge for the Storm, albeit some were probably still feeling the effects of the previous nights Club Dinner Dance and Awards Ceremony. That aside the home team did just enough to secure a win on a glorious sunny afternoon at The Greenyards. The pack were up against a well drilled eight, particularly in the tight, however when ball was secured the home backs, with Joe Helps and Bruce Dick always prominent, looked to be in a position to capitalise on breaks and did so on a number of occasions. Credit should also go to Dalziel who never gave up and proved to be a match for the home side in several departments.
Final score Melrose Storm 31 - Dalziel 26"
The Glass Man...

bigmancammy
Site Editor

Post by bigmancammy » Tue May 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Niall from list on web delete D.Aitken and F.Stangoe and add G Sloan , C Reid , K.Watters , S.Paton
Big-Man Cammy; Be Warned! ;)

spike

Post by spike » Wed May 12, 2010 9:12 am

Running the touch helped my hangover, at least I was a lot more honest than the Currie touch judge, who should have certainly gone to Specsavers. :shock: Shocking!

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Wed May 12, 2010 1:46 pm

in slide 2 spike looks to be pondering a spew!
Melrose were good guys and could give a lesson on what rugby is all about to some of the other teams in our league. A good team on and off the park. :roll:

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Wed May 12, 2010 2:33 pm

aye - they're a crackin bunch of guys :)
great day out - just a pity we never capped it all with the W
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller