Update on Dalziel Park

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits in here
spike
Update on Dalziel Park

Post by spike » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Just to keep everyone up to speed on the situation at DL Park.

The insurance company have given the go ahead to get the work done, however, the amount of work required is pretty substantial, including complete replacement of both boilers.

It is anticipated that we may have no shower and toilet facilities in the changing rooms for another 3 weeks or so.

The Memorial Trust are putting lots of pressure on to the contractors to get the work done as quickly as possible, but it is taking a frustratingly long time to get back to normal.

As soon as I have more information I wil let you know.

Spike :cry:
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

spike

Further Update on Changing Rooms

Post by spike » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:18 pm

I am afraid that the news is not good. The insurance company has now requested a third quote from one of their registered repair companies, this is why we havent seen any work starting.

Both the school and the memorial trust are putting pressure on the insurers to get this work done.

In answer to some of the questions that I have been asked:

Timescales - Hopefully 2/3 weeks after work starts.
Temporary Toilets - The MT are looking at getting Portaloos positioned at a suitable location. The insurance company are being asked to pay for this.

We are at the mercy of the insurers here. I will keep you posted.

spike

Further Update on Changing Rooms

Post by spike » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Well, there is good news and bad news.

The good news is that work has begun on Dalziel Park and optimistically, the contractors are hoping to get the toilet facilities up and running for the weekend. This will depend on the weather conditions so keep your fingers and toes crossed that the teprature starts to rise. We may even get some rugby this weekend. :shock:

The bad news is that the insurance company have rejected the claim, saying that frost damage is not covered and therefore the Memorial Trust are having to fit the total bill for the repairs. This will be at least 27,000 pounds and may be more if the boilers have to be replaced.

We can thank the loss adjusters, who originally suggested the claim would be covered, for the delay but, at least, things are beginning to progress now and hopefully they will continue apace.

I will keep you posted with any further developments.

spike

Further update and amendment

Post by spike » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 pm

I should have said that the priority is to get the showers working by this weekend in, at least, one row of dressing rooms. The toilets may have a temporary arrangement but the priority is the showers.

If you need to dump, I would suggest a quick trip to the Clubhouse beforehand would be the order of the day, unlike the neanderthals who have been using the facilities minus the flushing capabilities. We have taken DNA samples - so we know who you are.

8)

Roddy

Post by Roddy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Are the showers on yet?
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" - Michael Jordan

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Have the trust/committee considered the wealth of expertise we must have in the club(s). Is there not an opportunity to seek help from experts and (goffers/labourers like me) to get the job done probably at a fraction of the cost. I know this impinges on the goodwill of members from whatever sport but perhaps preferable to the current or predicted situation??

spike

Post by spike » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:48 am

I have asked the question about offers of help and will let you know the answer as soon as I have it.

Regarding the showers, I don't know the answer at the moment as I am away on business but will try and get an update by Thursday.

khalidf
Site Editor

Post by khalidf » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:59 am

There appeared to be showers running in the bottom dressing rooms (the one with lockers) but it was cold water only. Wee Davie informed us that the Trust reckon they could be working by the weekend, so fingers crossed.

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Two of my students work for Saltire and would be keen to quote for the job. I have contact details so that if using volunteers is not sanctioned for whatever reason it might be worth getting another competitive quote.
Not in any way trying to get in the way of due process but can offer the contact anyway if wanted.

spike

Post by spike » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:00 pm

As far as I am aware, the contract has been awarded to McLeod Plumbers and work has begun. When I know more I will update this.

Wee Davie
Site Editor

Post by Wee Davie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:26 pm

There was hot water on Tuesday night so there should be limited showers for Saturday I will ask for an update when I notify the school about upcoming games.

RobertWestwood

Post by RobertWestwood » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:13 pm

I spoke with the school yesterday and they were hoping to have some showers working by the weekend so fingers crossed !

spike

Post by spike » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:33 am

There will be one large shower/ changing room (the one nearest the store area) plus the referees room, with warm showers available this weekend.

They are working on getting more rooms fully functional. Teams should change in their respective rooms then share the shower facilities this week, hopefully more rooms will be fully functional next week. :lol: