Dalziel 1st XV 11 v 6 Whitecraigs

Discuss items posted from the main page
Dalziel PostBot
Site Admin
Dalziel 1st XV 11 v 6 Whitecraigs

Post by Dalziel PostBot » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:57 pm

It had been billed as a tight game and some of the Whitecraigs players, with their choice of playing attire, took it quite literally. Prior to kick off there was a minutes silence in memory of Bill McLaren, all at Dalziel have fond memories of the legendary commentator.

When the game kicked off on the dull, damp, afternoon the Dalziel support new that their team had not taken the field in over six ...Read More
PostBot - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

khalidf
Site Editor

Post by khalidf » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Game is up on http://www.scottishrugbytv.com/

The Andy Hill sin bin didn't survive the directors cut!!

AndyHill

Post by AndyHill » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:30 pm

I didnt get sin binned. :D cant believe my big tackle at the end didnt either. Thought i had knocked the 5 for 6. And did you hear that godie t, 80 metres said ron davidson not 60. can u get the whole video?

Hot Sauce

Post by Hot Sauce » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:45 pm

aye...from scottish rugby tv website...£15 plus £5 postage!
Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost.

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:51 pm

big simo was over the moon!

Ross_M

Post by Ross_M » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:38 pm

http://photos.dalzielrugby.com/v/200910 ... 4.JPG.html

One of the best rugby pics I've ever seen!

bigmancammy
Site Editor

caption comp

Post by bigmancammy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:44 am

Thats one for the caption competition.
Lets see what you all come up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big-Man Cammy; Be Warned! ;)

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:31 am

yeh Ross - I love that one too.

Andy, is that when you realise that you're gonna make the line and it all comes into focus. Up to that point you're just looking for a speedy gonzales support runner to take on the burden. :wink:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Roddy

Post by Roddy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:53 pm

AndyHill wrote:I didnt get sin binned. :D cant believe my big tackle at the end didnt either. Thought i had knocked the 5 for 6. And did you hear that godie t, 80 metres said ron davidson not 60. can u get the whole video?
Scotsman says 80 yards;

http://www.scotsman.com/rugby/Rugby-vid ... 6011616.jp
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" - Michael Jordan

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:00 pm

the wave as he bursts over the line is total andy though. you'd have thought it were a game of touch - not a top-of-the-table clash! :lol:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

AndyHill

Post by AndyHill » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:08 pm

There was only three points between Scottish Hydro National 1 league leaders Dalziel and Whitecraigs when they met at Aurs Road earlier in the season and second in the table 'Craigs came close again at Dalziel Park but the leaders managed to stretch their lead at the top.
Two Robert Simpson penalties to one by Ally Stevenson saw Dalziel 6-3 ahead at the break but it was lock Andy Hill's interception and eighty yard burst for the only try of the game which clinched it for Dalziel.

Stevenson slotted an injury time penalty for Whitecraigs to snatch a losing bonus but Dalziel now have to be odds on to take the National 1 title.
Eddie I was always going 2 make it even if someone caught me it would have been a fend and over. I made it by a country mile pulled away from there 10. Once i get going im no slouch. I reckon i would give any of the backs from Saturdays game a run for their money bar Big Ross and Rab.

I dont know wot i need to do, I could have single handedly beat whitecraigs but i let we rab slot a few, can someone xplain 2 me why Richie Gray and not Andy Hill? Robinson needs his head looked at.

daview

Post by daview » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Here's the first entry for Cammy's caption competition for Andy's try scoring picture

I think Andy is saying -

" I really must stop fannying around and get closer to the posts "

Andy , my boy , score it first then celebrate . If you had dropped that ball you would have become a Dalziel legend for all the wrong reasons - might have taken the pressure off a certain back row buddie of mine though.......
"You've got to get your first tackle in early;even if its late" - Ray Gravell

AndyHill

Post by AndyHill » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:00 am

Dad, you of all people should know a man of my talents would never drop that ball. It was always going to be taken to the house!

Roddy

Post by Roddy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:50 am

Bobby - now we know where all the match balls are :shock:
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" - Michael Jordan