TRAINING - 18th December

Discuss items posted from the main page
Dalziel PostBot
Site Admin
Training

Post by Dalziel PostBot » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:44 am

Players please note that Tuesday 18th Dec. training will now be in the Barn on the new 3rd generation surface. Please bring appropriate footware. Lee will be taking the session.

Read More
PostBot - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

morgan

Post by morgan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:50 pm

I thought according to the festive training schedule it was video analysis of the annan game this tuesday?

does this mean 1st's watch a video while the rest train??!!

or is the festive training schedule out the window and were all training??!

or are we all watching the video, talking about how we want to play as a club, then all training together??!!

seems a bit rich (for want of a better word) either way, we all get letters (well 1st XV did anyway i am led to believe) outlining a festive training schedule on the saturday, and its changed by the monday. Anyone want to shed some light on whats going on, i thot this training program was to tell us, when, where, and what we are doing over xmas so we can plan around it, then it changes/is confusion before the first session?????!!!!!!!

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:55 pm

it seems the power cable for the camera has been misplaced, and as such there is no recording of the Annan game (there are lots of photos though ;) )!
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

morgan

Post by morgan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:24 pm

Fair enough. saw the photos mate, great, your doin a good job keepin the site updated and interesting, keep up the good work!!!

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:19 am

I know it's frustrating, but try not to get too miffed.

I'm gonna be up tonight to see what this 3G stuff is like, but my back is too sore to train. As Freddie would say "Thank god its christmas" 8)
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

khalidf
Site Editor

There is no conspiracy theory

Post by khalidf » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:40 am

Folks

Its training as normal and nobody is watching the video.

It seemed a good idea at the time to watch the video, but Lee reckons he would rather have the players training to remedy some of the observations he and Dick have noticed in the last few games.

morgan

Post by morgan » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:57 pm

yep sounds cool - will defo be up to train anyway, as i've heard good things about the 3G stuff, IRB approved, so hopefully it will be a good alternative for training when we cant get grass! see you all tonight!

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:38 pm

I believe appropriate footwear is just about anything when it comes to the 3G. Gutted I cannae train tonight I'd have loved to get tore into some contact work with everyone.

It's what we're needing to get us up to speed for the trip down to Garnock and the rest of the matches in the new year! The stated intention of Lee and Dick is to get people moving the target in contact through offloads, this surface seems well suited to developing our play in that style. It's ok throwing the thing around on the traditional astro, but unless there's physical pressure put on the ball carrier you can't take that stuff into a game.
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:05 pm

teenwolf wrote: It's ok throwing the thing around on the traditional astro, but unless there's physical pressure put on the ball carrier you can't take that stuff into a game.
Plus, as you mentioned in another topic, you need contact to keep fit. Prime example is Fraser, who is in quite a bit of pain from not having ay contact since the beginning of October before Saturday's game.
admin - dalzielrugby.com

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:41 pm

niall wrote:Plus, as you mentioned in another topic, you need contact to keep fit. Prime example is Fraser, who is in quite a bit of pain from not having any contact since the beginning of October before Saturday's game.
Yeh, I always think of that as "match fitness", the work involved in getting up from the ruck and getting on with the next job. you def can't get that from jogging around a park or hammering the rowing machine - by definition, you gotta get out and play to get match fit.

All that said, Fraser played very well on Sat :? maybe his freshness outweighed his lack of match fitness up to a point :lol:
Joseph Heller

Roddy

Post by Roddy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:35 am

Well how was the 3G stuff? Can you do contact on it??

Has the roof still got the hole in it?
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" - Michael Jordan

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:39 am

yeh the 3G is pretty good.

the wee flecks of rubber could still be a bit annoying and get kicked in your face when you're rucking, but it is a lot better than the sand for the contact stuff.

the ball doesn't bounce properly though and i cannae see how you could play proper competitive matches on a full size pitch of the stuff. great as a wee area to knock shit outta each other though :lol:
Joseph Heller