Former and Current Youth Coaches Wanted

Discuss items posted from the main page
Dalziel PostBot
Site Admin

Post by Dalziel PostBot » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:17 pm

Dalziel RFC are planning another "After Schools Introduction to Rugby" this Autumn and we need coaches who can spare an hour after school for up to six weeks.

Contact Paul Gracie, Willie Davidson or Colin Mitchell if interested.

Read More
PostBot - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:21 pm

I'd be happy to help out. I was involved in taking sessions at New Stevenston and Clarkston Primary Schools before the summer holidays and really enjoyed it. The feedback from the Head Teachers and the kids was great. It's well worth getting involved, I think it's a great idea!

Willie Davidson
Site Editor

Post by Willie Davidson » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:48 am

One of the reasons that Dalziel has a good reputation within Mini circles is that we have a history of turning up to games with a full squad of players at every age group. Last season in response to low numbers in the P5 squad we organised training in local schools. This was hugely successful with coaches, pupils, schools and the club got several new players, often from schools who don’t traditionally have a connection with the club. Everyone concerned with last year’s schools coaching is very keen to repeat the initiative and if possible expand it but it’s all conditional on getting enough coaches from the club.

The level of the training required for the pupils is quite low and we will have a get together before we start. Coaches work in pairs and needn’t be able to commit to every week as we can work round shift patterns etc. The goal for the six weeks is to have the kids passing backwards and running forwards. Even more important however is to show them that rugby is a fun game and encourage them to join us on Saturdays at training.

If you have a coaching qualification (even if its an old one) and you can manage to give an hour of your time (between 3-4pm) for youth development please contact me at: willie.davidson@mac.com

Thanks
Willie