Sporting Injury First Aid Course.

Discuss items posted from the main page
Dalziel PostBot
Site Admin
Sporting Injury First Aid Course.

Post by Dalziel PostBot » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:41 am

Dalziel Rugby Club is organizing a first aid course designed to go a bit further and cover basic sport injuries. It is hoped that we can get a good enough response to have the course in situ at Dalziel.

Priority will be given to getting someone from each age group certified for the obvious reasons of maximum first aid coverage within the club. It is a good opportunity for coaches to expand their knowledge, and as the natural attendee to most games / sessions, an obvious choice of first aider. If you are not a coach but also a regular attendee to games please also consider this course. It is hoped however that all persons interested will be able to attend. Please contact John Lowe a.s.a.p.to express your interest.

Note: first aid certifications have to be updated on a regular 1-2 year basis, you might not be covered despite having done first aid previously.

Read More
PostBot - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

RobertWestwood

Post by RobertWestwood » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:44 pm

Any idea where and when this course will be held ?

I will put myself forward for this for the under 14's as I've been trying to arrange something for this for ages.

Just as long as there are no needles involved :lol:

jimmy sinclair

first aid course

Post by jimmy sinclair » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:07 pm

just to make sure all the coaches are clear about the responsibility they are taking on as a first aider ..will they be insured by the s.r.u. or by the club if they complete this course...and who is liable if the shit hits the fan.

this information should be supplied before coaches consider going on this course....better safe than sorry :roll:

RobertWestwood

Post by RobertWestwood » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Good point Jimmy, but bear in mind SRU rules require each team from mini all the way up to have a properly qualified first aider and most of them don't, relying on the coaches etc to treat injuries.

Wee Davie
Site Editor

Post by Wee Davie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

It may be worth remebering that anyone going on this course and putting themselves forward will probably have to go through a disclosure check before the start of the season. Also any new coaches will have to be checked I will raise this at the next committee meeting. Hopefuly I can get something back to you before the start of the season.

slowie

Post by slowie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:45 am

As regards liability,

Any person who is first aid qualified is protected by St.John's ambulance association. You are more liable by standing back and doing nothing at a time of need if no other suitably qualified person is in the vicinity. That said, if you go outwith the remit of a first aider then you enter dangerous waters e.g. administering medications, serious ineptitude. The issue is normally covered in first aid courses.

the grunter

first aid

Post by the grunter » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:18 pm

this maybe a thing that i should sign up for sooner rather than later

i dont think that i will get approved for bupa health care anytime soon

and i think that if i carry on the way i am then it maybe the case that the nhs might knock me back in future for any other treatments

including medical experiments
and probing of sorts

bigmancammy
Site Editor

nhs eligibility

Post by bigmancammy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:00 am

Grunter

Dont think you need to worry about nhs eligibility including "probing " as with your record your a sure fire certainty to join Vic and Les' special club.
Big-Man Cammy; Be Warned! ;)

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:14 am

yeh, that is some gash on the top of his heed!

I thought the mantra was, "if you go in hard you're less likely to get hurt". Well I suppose that worked for Geee!
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

slowie

Post by slowie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:09 am

First Aid Course List (NEW LIST)
Below is a list I have for the first aid course. After talking with the course organiser, I have been informed that we need to spend two evenings. I am proposing two wednesday nights (probably 2 of the following nights from 16th / 23 / 30 Sept.). They are busy working at Ibrox so times will be changed to suit accordingly. (alternatively we could go for a Friday night). Let me know your thoughts asap - by emailing me. If your name is not below and you want on the course - again email me asap.

First Aid Course List (NEW LIST)
John Lowe U18’s
John Mathieson 2nd XV
Thomas McCartin U18’s
Bobby Martin 1st XV
Drew Moonie Midi Section Leader
Stephen King P5 / S2
Stuart Robertson Midi
David McKune Midi
Al Coltart Mini
Gordon Glover Midi
Willie Davidson S2 / P7
Robert Westwood U14’s
Grant Talbot
Steve Mullin Midi
David Jamieson 3rds
Gillon Duguid
Steven Paton
Andrew Hill
Alan Lynch U16’s
Grant Ferguson
Last edited by slowie on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyHill

Post by AndyHill » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:18 am

Slowie put me down. How much is it?