2nd XV Win League

Discuss items posted from the main page
Dalziel PostBot
Site Admin
2nd XV Win League

Post by Dalziel PostBot » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Congratulations to the 2nd XV players and coaches, a great win today wins promotion,what a marvelous season.
With the 3rd XV winning a thriller at Ayr and the 1st XV taking Howe to within 3 points, it all looks good for Dalziel Rugby Club for next season. Well done to all involved

Read More
PostBot - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:49 am

lets hope we don't win promotion next season as my liver can't take this. Congratulations to everyone involved. Brilliant effort. We didn't just win the league, we won it by playing really good rugby. As Alec Ferguson would say, I'm very pwoud. :)

Wee Davie
Site Editor

Post by Wee Davie » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Congratulations again boys brilliant weekend for the club. The ref has corrected the score and the breakdown was as follow's

1st Half -
1 drop goal 3 tries 1 conversion = 20points

2nd Half -
4 tries 2 conversions = 24 points

Final score
DALZIEL 44 -- ARDROSSAN 0

I have passed on the details to the 2nd xv league who will no doubt confirm our league win and promotion for this season
Hard work begins know to stay up

TheKLN

Post by TheKLN » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:12 am

Well Done Guys!!!!
"Sexy times!!!"

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:04 pm

If we can keep all of the guys that we had last season we'll do well, never mind just survive in the next league up.

Hope everyone has a great off season and comes back fresh and fighting fit for next year.

There's gonna be some great bus trips next year for the 2s! Perthshire, Kirkcaldy & Dunfermline should be interesting.

Along with RHC we'll be the only club from the National Leagues with a team in the 2nd XV Division 2!
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:07 pm

MAFIE wrote:lets hope we don't win promotion next season as my liver can't take this. Congratulations to everyone involved. Brilliant effort. We didn't just win the league, we won it by playing really good rugby. As Alec Ferguson would say, I'm very pwoud. :)
Yeh good times Maf - good times! 8)
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Stevie
Site Editor

Post by Stevie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Can any club history experts tell us when the 2nds last won this league and promotion and who was in this team of old legends so that we can compare them to the new legends :D :D
[img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc115/Jam_HitMan/steviesig.gif[/img]

They who lack talent expect things to happen without effort.At the core of every true talent there is an awareness of the difficulties inherent in any achievement.

Wee Davie
Site Editor

Post by Wee Davie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:15 pm

I recall winning the 2nd xv league in 96/97 season and I think again in 97/98 season and then they re-organised the leagues and we were in west 4 for some time.
Can't think who was playing
Me, Jim Wylie,Tony Flynn, Ian Lillie, John Mclaren, Maffie (I Think), Hiddy but thats about all maybe some of the other guy's will be able to add more names

Roddy

Post by Roddy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:32 am

Others were Drew Moonie, Stuart & Andy Davidson, Wee Jason, John "Crash Ball" McCallum, Dougal (when fit/not with first XV) and myself. I may be wrong but I think Andy Scott and perhaps Jim Clydesdale as well.

First year we won it at Dalziel - ahh the old changing rooms & clubhouse...

Next year we won it at Greenock, despite them putting us down at the sea - good times!

The following year Melrose were in the league - not many of us can say we played them.

It was about that time that we were playing with only 15 and someone (probably a back) had to go off "hurt" as Ronnie Smith would say. Our coach - a certain Mr McLatchie - game on at full back and promptly smashed a guy who thought he could just jink past!
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" - Michael Jordan

AndyMcL

Post by AndyMcL » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:49 am

Think me and Gaz Crooks were probably playing about that time. I definately played when my dad came on although i think we were getting beaten 50-0 at half time so it probably wasn't the season we got promotion.

Roddy

Post by Roddy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:00 am

Sorry Andy forgot about you - old age is my only excuse.

I think it was before the promotion years that your Dad came on in that game - can you remember who it was against? - Irvine?
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" - Michael Jordan

MAFIE

Post by MAFIE » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:01 am

It was wigtonshire away boys.

hiddy

Post by hiddy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:04 am

That was the day Goonsie broke his leg. Colin Roebuck and Ronnie Brown both played at least a few games that year as well.

sumo227

Post by sumo227 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:21 pm

yeah remember that game at wigtonshire well ....the big number 8 was smashing everyone and mclatchie came on at full back and promptly put the guy in a stretcher wi an amazing smash............good times lads
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" (Mark Twain)

spike

Post by spike » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Well done the 2s. It seems clear to me that a key part of the success of the 2s was the numbers at training, week in, week out. If we can maintain that level of commitment and focus, I believe we will do brilliantly next season.

Well done again guys.