Dalziel 1st XV 31 v 10 East Kilbride

Discuss items posted from the main page
Dalziel PostBot
Site Admin
Dalziel 1st XV 31 v 10 East Kilbride

Post by Dalziel PostBot » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:34 am

Dalziel avenged their earlier defeat by scoring five tries to one against their local county rivals East Kilbride. By doing so they collected the all important bonus point for scoring four tries and now sit in fifth position and with two games left their aim must be for a top four finish.

The first try was scored by full back Robert Simpson who must be in with a shout for the player of the year com...Read More
PostBot - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

barryts

Post by barryts » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:57 am

Seems that John Harris was kicking in report, then Rab and Andy get the points on the scorers review at bottom of page. Interesting.

Vic will be delighted with this report though as he seems to be steeling all of Rabs good work for the 2 tries in the corner as well. How can you mistake Vic for Rab?????
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:33 am

i noticed the John Harris thing too. I was sure Rab kicked the first two conversions (missing the first).

Foir the reconrd, it's not me that writes the reports!
admin - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Heed

Post by Heed » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:03 pm

Our second try was the result of a line-out too!!!!

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:07 am

listen guys just be grateful that we get the right score up - the rest is just padding :wink:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

niall
Site Admin

Post by niall » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:23 pm

as i've said, I don't write them, but it always does make me question if i've taken a note of the score/scorers correctly. The SRU site has it as 33-10 as do i, but the paper and Tally Snr's match report both say 31-10. maybe andy could confirm if he got all 3 of his conversions?
admin - dalzielrugby.com

AndyHill

Post by AndyHill » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Nope I missed the last 1 cause of Decker's premadonna boot after mine disintegrated in a tackle and ruck.

From my recollection Rab missed the 1st and I got 3 from 4 (missed the final one). I thought during the game it was 33 but when I got home I recalculated and realised we only got 31. The boys doing the scores automatically add 7 points on when we score and think they 4got 2 take it dwn. Its cause I'm automatic with the 60+ yard thunderbolt.

barryts

Post by barryts » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:50 am

60 yards with the weight of that ass powering behind your foot and a 30mph wind!

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:05 am

60 yards in practice is one thing, but in the cauldron of match day at dalziel park it's an entirely different prospect :wink:
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

barryts

Post by barryts » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:40 pm

Moment of the match by far was the Ferguson brothers in perfect harmony stringing a seriers of offloads to each other in the same movement. Then there were about this many :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :o :o :o :o :o faces!

Absolutely Superb!!!

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:18 pm

yeh, there's too much oxygen out in those wide expanses, it must have gotten to our brain :lol:
Joseph Heller

Roddy

Post by Roddy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Saw this on the EK News site - think it is a bit of a cheek saying our forwards were heavier and more experienced - their prop looked even older then Les :lol:

EK News

EK must do a great Dalziel betterMar 26 2008
By Richard Beaton

EAST Kilbride Rugby Club turned in one of their least impressive performances of the season and were duly thrashed 33-10 at Dalziel on Saturday.

An early try for the home side was quickly countered by a Bert Blackwood penalty, followed soon after by a converted try from Callum Simpson.

However, from this point on there was only one team in the Lanarkshire derby.

Two tries before the half gave Dalziel a deserved lead, and in the second half EK barely had a metaphoric kick at the ball.

Pretty much from the outset, Dalziel dominated up front, with their heavier, more experienced forwards giving a young EK eight a torrid time.

Scrummaging was poor, and the line out little better, while EK were also pushed around at ruck and maul.

The backs similarly did little to impress.

While they did not have an awful lot of good ball to work with, the little they did get was wasted.

Moves were, in the main, poorly executed and the backline had little zip about it.

In the final analysis, the home side were well worth their win.

In a contest between two mid-table sides with nothing much to play for, Dalziel were more “up for it”, to use standard sporting parlance.

East Kilbride lacked both shape and intensity, although to be fair to them, the side on show probably bore little resemblance to that which coach Fraser Stott would consider to be his first choice unit.

To maintain the local derby theme, this Saturday sees Cambuslang visit Torrance House in another contest with little at stake.

Unless one considers pride to be something worth playing for.

EK team: 1. Scott Turnbull, 2. Aitken, 3. McLellan, 4. Dalgleish, 5. P. Rosie, 6. Anderson (captain), 7. Jones, 8. B. Blackwood, 9. I. Stevenson, 10. Stevie Turnbull, 11. Little, 12. G. Stevenson, 13. Simpson, 14. MacDonald, 15. Lindsay.

Replacements: Miller, Kampman and D. Rosie

The Reserves were drawn further into the relegation mire when they were even more comprehensively outplayed at Dalziel than were their senior brethren.

A scoreline of 43-10 in favour of the home side gives a fair indication of the gulf between the teams.

Kev Watters crossed for EK, and Campbell Stewart kicked a penalty and conversion.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" - Michael Jordan

Stevie
Site Editor

Young EK 8

Post by Stevie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:04 pm

Scott Turnbull would be well pleased to hear that he was part of this young eight :D :D :D
[img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc115/Jam_HitMan/steviesig.gif[/img]

They who lack talent expect things to happen without effort.At the core of every true talent there is an awareness of the difficulties inherent in any achievement.

teenwolf

Post by teenwolf » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:36 pm

What I don't get is if this isn't there 1st choice team, where are they? :P
Joseph Heller