Gillon retires from First XV rugby

Discuss items posted from the main page
Dalziel PostBot
Site Admin
Gillon retires from First XV rugby

Post by Dalziel PostBot » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:00 pm

When Dalziel stalwart Gillon Duguid stepped onto the pitch against GHA on Saturday 15th October 2011, little did he know that after a long and happy career, that it was likely to be his last game for Dalziel First XV. A tackle in the fifth minute which resulted in a broken metacarpal bone in his right hand was not enough to keep him from completing the full 80 minutes. With Craig Simmonds off inj...Read More
PostBot - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

teenwolf

Re: Gillon retires from First XV rugby

Post by teenwolf » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:14 pm

I remember the game where Gillon, Grunter and I lined up against our pal and former teammate Alan Bulloch over at Stathaven. Great guy and yeh he'll be missed! Good luck matey - big send off is required! :D
"The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."
Joseph Heller

Mattybroon

Post by Mattybroon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:50 pm

What can I say Gillon it's been an absolute please having played on the same park as you on several occasions. Your attitude and commitment to dalziel and the game is infectious and I wish you all the best down under in the land of rugby, what better place to settle. You will be sorely missed by all at dalziel and our beloved NHS, who will now need to find some other unfortunate casualty to keep them all in work. I'm sure we'll get the chance to have one more piss up before you go.
Every success mate.

simon.b

Post by simon.b » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:44 pm

We should retire the 13 jersey for the rest of the season in tribute,like milan done when Maldini chucked it,and with all the injuries gillons had its obviously jinxed anyway....good luck gill

TheKLN

Post by TheKLN » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:10 pm

Gutted for ya big guy!
"Sexy times!!!"

gillon13

Post by gillon13 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:53 pm

cheers boys, appreciate it. gutted myself bt hope to be back and sure we can all get a game together again in the dazzelers in a few years!

cheers

gillon

bigmancammy
Site Editor

Post by bigmancammy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:13 am

Gillon was talking off his first game in 1sts , it was a bit like his last game. He was injured in it , dunfermline 2nd row laid him low with a straight arm. Yours truly laid out the said offender , so they both went off pitch. Gillon had a few memories of good games v dunfermline and one that sticks in my mind is when he ran all of 95 yards for a score. He played alongside his brothers and all 3 duguids Jamie , fraser and Gillon scored a try in the demolishing of Trinity many years ago. Gillon relished playing for the 1sts but that feeling wasnt any less no matter what XV he was playing for. He has been a stalwart at club and a great influence on young guys coming up through club. He'll be sorely missed. All the best mate.
Big-Man Cammy; Be Warned! ;)

bigmancammy
Site Editor

Post by bigmancammy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:25 am

Gillon have put up team list for your first game. 07/11/98. A talented young stand off.
Big-Man Cammy; Be Warned! ;)