Strength & Conditioning course.

Discuss items posted from the main page
Dalziel PostBot
Site Admin
Strength & Conditioning course.

Post by Dalziel PostBot » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:01 am

The course will take place at Motherwell College on the 9th & 16th September from 5.30-9.00pm.

Ken McEwan will be leading the practical sessions which will mean each person will be instructed on the correct techniques and then expected to replicate the technique and take turns supervising others in small groups doing the same technique.
You will need to bring trainers, shorts and a comfortable top as well as a bottle of water/juice.

Read More
PostBot - dalzielrugby.com
[url=http://www.dalzielrugby.com][img]http://www.dalzielrugby.com/images/logosmall.jpg[/img][/url]

barryts

Post by barryts » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:28 am

Does this mean that club members can use MC gym? If so from what date?
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

khalidf
Site Editor

Post by khalidf » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:48 pm

It does say in the article!! Basically we will have use of the gym in two weeks time!!

The sessions are available from Monday 20th September and Wednesday 22nd September 6.00-8.00pm during the season. From December Saturdays will be added where possible.

barryts

Post by barryts » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Sessions fair enough mate, but what about general use of the gym?
Life is too short is it? Life is the longest thing you will ever do!!

khalidf
Site Editor

Post by khalidf » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:39 pm

I don't believe we have the ability to use the gym on an adhoc basis. What was agreed was that the times notified would be available to the club to use subject to having qualified instructors on site!!

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Absolutely right Khalid...strangely enough during the day the gym is used by the college teaching classes!

We have full use of the gym on the evenings as described ie. Mondays and Wednesdays initially (so long as an instructor is in attendance) until we hopefully add Saturdays in.

Chubby

Re: Strength & Conditioning course.

Post by Chubby » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:42 pm

Just wanting to check the first session is 2ni starting at 6. Whereabouts in the campus is the gym do we need to go to reception & sign in?

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Just waiting to hear who can cover tonight and wednesday. To be fair we haven't had time to agree who' is doing which nights as there wasn't much time after the last session. will keep you posted.

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Chubby not looking good. Either can't get replies or those that have can't do tonight.
Only option I can think of in the mean time is to phone me 07784528917 and hopefully I'll be able to let you know. i'm heading topick john up and drop him at tesco so I'll be on the road.
Cheers

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 pm

No body has let me know that they can do tonight. Therefore tonight is cancelled. Will keep you posted re Wednesday.

Mattybroon

Post by Mattybroon » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:50 am

I am available Wednesday evening to cover gym if anyone wishes to use it,,, just let me know,, I will be down at training tonight,,

RodHar
Site Editor

Post by RodHar » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:42 am

Thanks Matt. Last night John Lowe agreed to do this Wed. In addition both Drew and Davie J said they wanted to go anyway. Not wishing to put anyonne off, what will be more important is that we cover all available sessions in the next 4 month period and do so by spreading the load as much as possible.
Rab and Matt need to complete some paperwork in addition to the admin requested the other day by Ken.
The following are all now qualified instructors who have agreed to make themselves available on a rota basis.

Simmo, Heed, Gillon, Rab, John, Cammy, Matt, Drew, Davie J, Slowie, Les B, Lee Charnley, Dake.

Hopefully Simmo, assisted by a few others will start the process of filling in the rota tonight after training. Your co-operation will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Mattybroon

Post by Mattybroon » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:29 pm

I sent my application paperwork direct to Murrayfield,, the workbook from the course is complete,, do you wNt me to hand this into yourself rod.,,

Wee Davie
Site Editor

Post by Wee Davie » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Hopefully we can sit downtonight after training and work out a rota to allow all the gym sessions to be covered by at least 2 guy's I will let Rod have this as soon as I can get it sorted.